Topic: Starting playing yesterday...

Installed this yesterday as its one of the MMO's that I never played, I knew it was pretty much EVE with robots and even though I only clocked about 6 months of EVE time I really felt happy playing it, yeh I pretty much only spent my time mining and doing the odd mission (too scared to leave high sec space to go after the big rewards) but I have thought time and time again to go back, I think its the SciFi geek in me.....

Yeh im stuck in Fantasy setting MMO land, have a complete love/hate relationship with WoW, I am a LOTRO lifer but fantasy setting has just got stale, I am still looking forward to the new LOTRO expansion but as I dont need to pay for it I dont feel bad if I dont play it for a while...

Anyway what is the point of this post?, I hear you all cry...

Well I was in work yesterday looking at MMORPG.COM's game list for something that I havent already played and I noticed this and thought hey why not. The guy that I work with tried this a while ago and didnt like it/couldnt get his head around it.

So I created an account, grabbed the client and logged in and what I am seeing is bloody good, I personally think that it helps to have played EVE cause it has helped me understand a few of the concepts I have learnt so far (going thru the tut missions), I think I might be hooked already, I do like something to get my teeth into and maybe this will be the game that I start actually moving out of the safe newbie areas into some real PvP, I had someone explain the whole alpha/beta islands to me last night so for now I know where not to go.. lol

Im really glad that this time I didnt listen to other opinions about a game and actually give it a go for myself, I know it will take a long time to understand everything or get to a point where I can look after myself, but im interested in seeing where this game is going.

Not sure how limited a Trial account it, but will stick with that for a few more days and then hit Shattered Crystal (shameless plug) for a time code.

For now, im staying big_smile

Please feel free to ignore this post, I seemed to have waffled quite a lot... sad

Re: Starting playing yesterday...

welcome in our small community.

the trial accounts ARE limited*, but you should get an idea of the game and upgrade after a few days.

*: you cannot use the player market, and only recieve items/NIC from others. You cannot utilize field container, nor can you open a private convo.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yay a reply lol, it's been less than 24hrs and seriously considering becoming a subscriber.

On the trial accounts not opening private conversations I'm assuming this won't stop someone else private convo'ing me as I was talking to a player last night in a convo he started and it was working fine, he did mention that I wasn't supposed to be able to reply but I was lol

Thanks for the welcome, I prefer games with smaller communities coz it tends to be made up of players who are actually passionate for the game and not thousands of trolls and chaff lol

Btw what is a blob?

depends on your point of view.

for some, its always the other group of players whenever they got at least 1 more agent then your group....

most times its used for any group of players that field more then 5 agents against a single other agent.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Falcor Melin wrote:

On the trial accounts not opening private conversations I'm assuming this won't stop someone else private convo'ing me as I was talking to a player last night in a convo he started and it was working fine, he did mention that I wasn't supposed to be able to reply but I was lol

You are correct sir. My first day in game I had a GM open a private conversation with me which surprise me. The GM just wanted to know if I had any questions or needed help. That same day, my first day on trial I subscribe. When you have a GM that takes the time to do that it shows that they care about the player. Anyway, welcome and I hope you enjoy the game.

Descent

Descent
Selling quality ore since 2011

hi and welcome to PO and FC :-)

game's good, community is great. DON'T spend EP until you know what you are doing or you'll account reset in 2 weeks :-))