Topic: "Diplomatic" Extension

Each level of this extension raises the proportion of relation improvement towards the contractor corporation by an additional 3% by each successfully completed assignment, and the relation will decline by 3% slower if you do harm to the corporation.

it wont decline slower - raising this extension does increase the negative standing also by 3%

additionally, IMHO the negative standing for higher rank missions should be increased to give this extension a meaning.

last but not least, there are lvl1 to lvl6 mission ins, which means, maximum standing you can get is ~8 with epic grind, because the lvl6 missions already give you pretty low gain.
would the standing gain of a lvl7 mission even show up in the log?

I will split of this into balancing if i get more response.

Re: "Diplomatic" Extension

My relation logs confirm this bug as well.   With my max relation at 2.8ish, if the derived losses (0.2ish) were less than the derived gains (also 0.2ish), my 'bad' relation would be closer to zero than its current worst value of -0.69.

As it is, that value is close enough to the 4x multiplier between direct and derived relation changes that it appears Diplomacy does not have the dampening effect its description leads us to believe.

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

Update news for 2010-12-07  wrote:

Change: The bonus of the Diplomacy extension has been increased from 3% to 5%.

was the Bug of this extension fixed at the same time or is it still present?

or is it intentional and the description needs to be changed.

Yep, this bug is hurting my desire to have friendly rep with all.

I started a new char and did some transport missions between ICS and TM. The secondary faction which rises by .02 with each ICS mission also falls by exactly the same amount from the TM mission.

After 10 repetitions, my rep with this corp was Neutral (0.00)

Please review this. Its as simple as an incorrect sign.

Lokked

I can confirm the bug, ... specialization extensions are also affected by it.
(#3166)