1 (edited by Oren Garven 2011-08-02 12:38:06)

Topic: Why are some provisions of the EULA not enforced?

* Accounts can only be used by the creator of the account, unless the user required a legal guardian to create it. Account sharing can result in the termination of said account.

I will start by saying that I know for a fact that many industry accounts are shared. I also know that some combat accounts are shared. I will not give details as to who does this.

When other rule infractions were discovered, the devs responded harshly. All I ask is that the developers take the simple steps to detect and punish obvious account sharing. Account sharing creates an advantage in industry and combat.

Think about the benefits of 5 people each multi-boxing 4 combat accounts each for an intrusion. Now add to this the proliferation of multi-boxing software that allows keyboard commands to be broadcast to all accounts at the same time. Now, if the individuals actually created each account, then this would not be as big of an issue, but if the accounts are 3rd party purchased accounts or shared accounts then it is a detriment to RL game revenues and player ability to compete.

The major problem with overlooking minor rule infringements is that others eventually must also break the same rule to compete. For example, look at skill based grinding MMOs. In games like these people are required to macro to compete. In perpetuum, the problem is that 4 people can operate their entire corp's combat force or mining fleet. This is a serious problem for corps that have a strict policy of adhering to game rules.

All I ask is that the developers take the simple step of detecting and punishing account sharing. The punishment does not need to be more than an account freeze for a few days at first. After everyone knows that this rule is to be enforced the punishment should be increased to deter more sophisticated methods of breaking this rule.

Re: Why are some provisions of the EULA not enforced?

Oren Garven wrote:

* Accounts can only be used by the creator of the account, unless the user required a legal guardian to create it. Account sharing can result in the termination of said account.

I will start by saying that I know for a fact that many industry accounts are shared. I also know that some combat accounts are shared. I will not give details as to who does this.

When other rule infractions were discovered, the devs responded harshly. All I ask is that the developers take the simple steps to detect and punish obvious account sharing. Account sharing creates an advantage in industry and combat.

Think about the benefits of 5 people each multi-boxing 4 combat accounts each for an intrusion. Now add to this the proliferation of multi-boxing software that allows keyboard commands to be broadcast to all accounts at the same time. Now, if the individuals actually created each account, then this would not be as big of an issue, but if the accounts are 3rd party purchased accounts or shared accounts then it is a detriment to RL game revenues and player ability to compete.

The major problem with overlooking minor rule infringements is that others eventually must also break the same rule to compete. For example, look at skill based grinding MMOs. In games like these people are required to macro to compete. In perpetuum, the problem is that 4 people can operate their entire corp's combat force or mining fleet. This is a serious problem for corps that have a strict policy of adhering to game rules.

All I ask is that the developers take the simple step of detecting and punishing account sharing. The punishment does not need to be more than an account freeze for a few days at first. After everyone knows that this rule is to be enforced the punishment should be increased to deter more sophisticated methods of breaking this rule.

You mean the great and noble CIR have been breaking the rules to fuel the CIR warmachine?

I couldnt imagine CIR exploiting to get an advantage, after all they have been most vocal when its happened elsewhere, i mean that would be very hypocritical.

I unfortunately have my doubts that the DEV's have the tools or time to investigate those sort of infractions unfortunately so it'll carry on regardless

This should fairly easy to detect, I have faith that the Devs will spend a little time and energy to track down people sharing accounts and punish the offenders.

Oh the irony.. I am pretty sure this thread is against EULA, surprised it's not closed yet.

RIP PERPETUUM

This is no topic for open discussion. Please voice concerns in private if you have an issue with something. However, it is also our policy not to discuss account related matters with other players, so don't expect to be involved in monitoring other players' gaming habits and moderation.