Topic: Birthday Party

Well, looking at the calendar today, and thinking that the "One Year Anniversary" of the release of Perpetuum comes along in a few months.

Was wanting to suggest, if not already in the works, maybe an event of sorts.

A game I played a long time ago, Earth and Beyond, had a great group of programmers in Westwood, and they hosted a "Lan Party" of sorts, in which One Dev went to a different major city all over the U.S and think they even went over the pond to London.  Was kind of hoping, even though it's a different crew, that maybe I'd see more of the same with this one.

Meeting one of the people that worked on a game I enjoyed the hell out of, was a very great experience for myself personally, and all the other players who attended at the time.

So how about Avatar Creations, wanna throw a party?

Re: Birthday Party

The best present would be more players..

So for those who couldnt make such a party, maybe a week free reactivation for inactive accounts?

but such a gift would be meaningless unless the account holders were TOLD...  so a newsletter or some notification to those players.

big_smile

o.0, another good idea honestly, more more

Snowman wrote:

So for those who couldnt make such a party, maybe a week free reactivation for inactive accounts?

but such a gift would be meaningless unless the account holders were TOLD...  so a newsletter or some notification to those players.

big_smile

You mean sending an e-mail to all registered accounts whose subscription has expired a while ago and have not resubscribed offering them 5 days of free gametime and a 60 day heavily discounted reactivation?

That's exactly what CCP did yesterday. They do it regularly about 6 weeks before an expansion and a few weeks after it. Also if all the characters on the account are noobish and have very few skills, they offer a small set of free skillbooks.

BigPoint also does it regularly (Battlestar Galactica Online, Seafight, Darkorbit and other games).

I guess AC will eventually do it too.

Avatar Creations have a lot to learn about economy
-- Snowman

Pak wrote:
Snowman wrote:

big_smile

You mean sending an e-mail to all registered accounts whose subscription has expired a while ago and have not resubscribed offering them 5 days of free gametime and a 60 day heavily discounted reactivation?

That's exactly what CCP did yesterday. They do it regularly about 6 weeks before an expansion and a few weeks after it. Also if all the characters on the account are noobish and have very few skills, they offer a small set of free skillbooks.

BigPoint also does it regularly (Battlestar Galactica Online, Seafight, Darkorbit and other games).

I guess AC will eventually do it too.

New letters I like but discounts and bribes I dislike. One year should be marked in a smart event and nothing silly.

Gifts are always nice, absolutely.  As in, Earth and Beyond again, used to give out like "presents" that were just cool to have.  As in, punkin' chunkers during halloween, Valentine's day shields (that created a heart around your ships).

Basically it was just fun stuff that you had because you were around during that time.  That sort of stuff I love.

William Bonney wrote:

Gifts are always nice, absolutely.  As in, Earth and Beyond again, used to give out like "presents" that were just cool to have.  As in, punkin' chunkers during halloween, Valentine's day shields (that created a heart around your ships).

Basically it was just fun stuff that you had because you were around during that time.  That sort of stuff I love.

No no no no no.
Nothing like that in this game. But giving out update news letters around holidays would be a great idea. Perhaps discounts but that tends to make publishers look needy.

I think those that have been around since early release or soon thereaftet should get something for their loyalty.  Maybe some EP would be nice.

->You just lost The Game<-

Oh noes ... its that guy who got mad at me for killin a observer!!

BTW - I played EnB

and guess what i did there ,, i was the first to solo the rd base and have it on farm status tongue

I use to even have a Ubers page!
http://www.ellatha.com/Enb_Ubers.asp

Oh the memories! 

Anyhow - a ingame EVENT would be nice to see!

Paintball weapon modules? With different coloured ammo? big_smile

Heh, as I stated before DaOpa, wasn't mad at you, was mad at the situation really.  For how much work I had put in, and you making me look a tad foolish, and mad at myself really.  Though, your taking a private conversation public ticked me off pretty good.  Is disrespectful, I didn't flame you, yes, I was peeved, who cares.

As for EnB, stuff I loved from it was "Valentine's Day Shields," items that were semi-usefull but normally upgraded quickly, and would give you a "heart" around you ship.  "Pumpkin Chunkers" at halloween, a weapon that did no damage at all, but could be fired at another player and throw pumpkins at him.

But more to this point, the "1 year anniversary" of EnB's launch day, they hosted it, I still have my t-shirt from it, and is one of my favorite MMO memories.  Have truly been waiting on another game to do something similar, but alas, no one has really cared about their playerbase as much as Westwood did.  I see a lot of that here with Perp, with the Staff seeming to actually care, so is why the thought came to mind.

As for rewards, have to keep things fair and balanced.  So, let's say a "birthday" mission in game, that if/when completed gave you EP, or a cool in game toy to play with, something along those lines, perfect.  Could only be performed once per account.

I like in game, and out of game events honestly.  With a sandbox, things are more "left out there in the open" for that stuff, because you can almost go anywhere with it, true bonuses to the players, or just "cosmetic" and fun stuff, matters not to me personally.  I just like seeing 'em.

Make all the bots pink for a month?

Free hats?

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

William Bonney wrote:

Though, your taking a private conversation public ticked me off pretty good.  Is disrespectful, I didn't flame you, yes, I was peeved, who cares.

Hi

I think you are a tad mistaken, I was live streaming and that whole event was public to a lot of people who were watching as I was doing the TM Related storyline assignments.

I didn’t go out of my way to attack the observer .. it was a target of opportunity

It looked like you were running away, I was trying to help

Here is a highlight of the ordeal.
http://www.justin.tv/daopa/b/290999013

I love folks that take private conversations public.

And thanks for putting me in a video, makes me feel important.  Please quit trying to derail the topic, as I really don't want to get into a flame fest.  This sort of stuff erks me more then any kill stealing or anything else.  Shows your character though, so doesn't surprise me, nice timing of when you cut the video off, took me 20 minutes to even notice that you had posted anything in General chat.

Maybe we'll can all get free Polka-Dot paint jobs for the 1 year event!