Topic: Indy Changes next month

• CTs will not start at a default 50% material and time efficiency level

• replace all epriton based components in T1 modules

• the combat mission relations will not be effecting production.

Re: Indy Changes next month

Um. Is it just me, or is anyone else going to not make any T1 epi based items for the next month? Probably an option for independant producers, but not so much for pvp corps.

The side effect of this will of course be that recycling will also no longer give you any espitium. For indy players that have put EP into this, can we have a refund?

Arga wrote:

Um. Is it just me, or is anyone else going to not make any T1 epi based items for the next month? Probably an option for independant producers, but not so much for pvp corps.

The side effect of this will of course be that recycling will also no longer give you any espitium. For indy players that have put EP into this, can we have a refund?

For us at least it will be business as usual. And yes you can have a refund on your recycling:

For the first 30 days you can both add and subtract extension levels in your Agent Profile. The limitation to this is that you won't be able to jump back and forth between full-fledged combat and industry specialization every minute, and that taking any extension to level 6 will freeze it perpetually. There will be an option for a one time attribute reset in this first period as well, most probably via running a trimmed version of the character creator again.

So you'll be able to decrease your recycling skills.

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

4 (edited by Arga 2011-07-15 20:55:47)

My account is over 30 days, and what if your high-value recycling skill is over 6.

It's not a whine, nor is it a 'small' amount of EP involved with a complexity 4 extension. The volume of T2 and above items being recycled would in no way justify 20,000 EP for level 7 High-grade refining.

And, like I said, PVP/beta corps won't really have the option of not producing, but your also not producing for the market and have your own supply of epitron in any case.

Edit: But I do approve of the T1 change to this as well as the CT change. As well as the relation change of course.

Arga wrote:

My account is over 30 days, and what if your high-value recycling skill is over 6.

It's not a whine, nor is it a 'small' amount of EP involved with a complexity 4 extension. The volume of T2 and above items being recycled would in no way justify 20,000 EP for level 7 High-grade refining.

And, like I said, PVP/beta corps won't really have the option of not producing, but your also not producing for the market and have your own supply of epitron in any case.

Edit: But I do approve of the T1 change to this as well as the CT change. As well as the relation change of course.

Hmmm this is actually ambigious. I read it as for the first 30 days after patch deployment people will be able to do that. Although I possibly lack reading comprehension. big_smile You're prolly right though ^^

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

They mentioned they will give an opportunity to use some kind of respec at first time, no? So everyone will be able to fix some skills if you still want to.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

7 (edited by Arga 2011-07-15 21:07:50)

It's not unprecedented, they returned the insurance EP when they changed how that worked, as well as for repair.

And the reset is for changing attributes, but doesn't clearly define that EP would be refunded.

There will be an option for a one time attribute reset in this first period as well, most probably via running a trimmed version of the character creator again.

The changes are great in all honesty.
For the time being don't make any T1 modules as it's not worth it when you can farm them anyway. Removing Epriton from T1 items will also remove them from the recycling making T2 items MUCH harder to produce so I would suggest adding a tiny amount of Epriton based materials to mass recycling or adding it to some form of activity to enable SMALL scale T2+ production.

Yes, if there were some way to still recover some espitium via the extension, that would solve both the issue of refunding and small scale T2. Though I'm not sure that being able to recycle espitium from T1 without it being a building requirement would make sense. The current recycling of ecm from ewar npc's provides just a few units per module, but because I'm farming the kernels I literally had 100's of them, which resulted in a fair amount of espitium with the extension boost. Enough that I could save most of my epitron for Brio and Alligior and still produce sheilds and tuners.

Still, I think I would be better off putting that 20k toward refining 10 after this change.

Actually looking at the prevous posts, it does look like I'm whining. Sometimes I forget that its a big game with lots of moving parts.

So, a little back ground on how recycling works.

There are (2) recycling skills; Basic and High-Grade.

The basic recycling skills increases the % of commodities that are recovered, while high-grade only effects Espitium, Alligior, and Briochet.

Recycling has an fixed limit to the amount that can be recovered, and your reputation and extensions increase that amount. There's another thread that talks about the specifics, but that % is fairly small for high-grade commodities.

For instance, typically you'll only get 1 or 2 units of espitium when recycling a single item. The extension provides 1% more per level, which is always just a fraction of a unit. What this means is that you really don't see a benefit from recycling extensions until you do it in Mass, as Alexander pointed out. That is you may only get  .3 more units for 1 level of EP.

When this starts making sense is if you are going to recycle 1000 modules, that .3 now becomes 300 additional units. The drop rate on tiered items is so low, that it's just not practical to save up even 10 modules to recycle, for the additional 3 units high grade material.

I'm not really all the concerned about getting EP back per se, just that this is a fairly large change in the return on investment. If the extension was changed, so that high-grade extension applied a larger bonus to T2 and above items, then that would be acceptable.

That is, maybe it increases the amount recovered by 5% each level instead of 1%. So that it's more attractive to recycle T2 in the lower volumes that they drop at.

Why should you be able to get any espitium through refining T1? Its something you can farm in complete Alpha safety. Espitium should only come from Beta epriton mining operations. smile

It is a good way of actually promoting people to go out and drop a claim on Beta islands, instead of nutcupping on Alpha and producing T4 mechs there.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I'm ok with removing high-grade recycling entirely, that solves the EP problem just as tidely.

either removing or redesigning it.

the high cost of the extension isn't justified if you cant get a reasonable ammount of gain by it.  Its already a rather low gain as it is atm, but removing espitium and alligior completely from T1 makes this extension hardly useable.

if the t2 items are unchanged, for a single t2 ecm prototype you need about 7-10 * 100 espitium.

even now this means as non-trader alpha farmer: 70-100 damaged ecms if you got that extension on lvl9 (=10% = 19 days worth EP).

the t2 droprate (or flawed i have been told) is not high enough to even consider this as worth IMHO.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

If advanced item CT's don't start at 50%, is it still going to only be the decoder's that effect it, just to a greater degree? Or will reverse engineering get an extension that boosts the %?

yes

ok