Topic: Payment > Visa Gift Cards ?

I run a medium sized Corp in that "other game". The majority of my team pay for subs with Paypal through gift cards and other anonymous sources. This is due to the increase of hacking and such.

One of our group bought a gift card and tried signing up last night ( we were sold on the trial ). Unfortunately he could not get the payment accepted. I assumed he was doing something wrong and went to verify the issue before transplanting our team to this game.

So today .. I also bought a giftcard (Visa). I tried purchasing game time with said card and then through paypal and was denied (both times). I called Paypal and made sure the Gift card was validated. I then called Visa to make sure the gift card was validated. Both companys gave "the thumbs up". I then searched the net for information and found this.
http://www.perpetuumnic.com/perpetuum_faq.html .
As it clearly states in the FAQ (linked above) usage of a gift card through paypal will work. I assumed I did something wrong at this point and tried again which verified that neither paypal or straight purchase with usage of a Gift card worked.

The only explination Visa had for this issue was the possible merchant's need for personal information (name and adress) attached to the card. Most anonymous Gift cards have only a zip code attached to them for verification. Visa further stated that this requiset of the merchant for further personal information could cause Paypal payment to fail aswell.  This is a deal breaker for most of my Corp as it negates the anonymous payment option.

We really like this game and what it might become ( in spite of the crippling restrictions of our trial accounts wink ).  We'd really like to subscribe.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to use anonymous gift cards to purchase time? I could almost understand requiring some type of personal information on a recuring charge payment platform. This is not the case with this game, infact it was a major selling point as it acted much like ( plex ) or paid time from our current game.

So if anyone knows a way to use gift cards to buy time please post a sollution. We'd really like to move to here. We are not willing to release our personal/ credit card info / bank routing numbers to do it.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Payment > Visa Gift Cards ?

I just checked my post and the FAQ I linked is to a site that may be unaffiliated with the game. I can't figure out how to edit it out. Is that even possible?

Anyways please ignore the fake faq. After further investigation I do not think it is relevant to my problem.  I can only offer insanity after hours on the phone with customer service with Visa and Paypal as an excuse.

Well, I am not sure I understand everything 100%, but here are some thoughts:

- I don't think the gift cards have anything to do with us, they should be able to be used at VISA or Paypal checkouts. If it should be done on our side, we do not have a system for it set up.
- The perpetuumnic website is a NIC for cash site, using it constitutes a serious EULA violation that can result in having your account banned.
- If you can't make your gift cards work on our site, try www.shatteredcrystal.com, they have a lot more payment solutions available.

Let us know how it goes!

I will try the link Calvin. Thanks for your quick reply.

Yah i realized it was a bogus site after i hit the post button and could not figure out how to edit it. Very sorry about that.

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/code.php/perpetuum

The above link will take you to a site that is well know to many games that sells time codes with a lot of better payment options.

I would assume you are correct that while the payments with gifts cards should work the API system that Perpetuum are using may have Name and Address required to confirm payment details to account details.

If this is the case it's not needed and should be removed from their system as Paypal should have no issue with the gift card being using like a normal card..

Definitely someone in the marketing department should look into.. all one of them.. (Not a stab at AC, just a comment that small companies or even large ones don't get everything right first try).

Again thanks for the quick replies!

The link given by Calvin worked perfectly and will allow my corp to remain anonymous in payments. Please consider this issue resolved for us as long as we can use this shattered crystal site.

Thanks Calvin!