Topic: Zenith - Armor resists bonus poor choice for this bot.

The armor resist bonus on the zenith doesn't make much sense, this is a bot that already has low armor hitpoints and a low number of tanking module slots. It also seems that a good way to use this bot is with a shield.

So I say that this is a wasted bonus, and a more appropiate bonus would be something like shield resist or max accumulator capacity. I know there's talk of changing the Seth shield bonus to an armor resist bonus, so why not go ahead and swap the Zenith armor resist bonus for the seths shield resist bonus, now that sounds like a good idea.

2 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2011-07-14 00:53:19)

Re: Zenith - Armor resists bonus poor choice for this bot.

I think that was the reasoning to the resist bonus, because there is only 3 low slots, so it cannot fit anything like a hard tank, which as an Ewar bot, makes sense.  Also, as an Ewar mech, the head slots are where Ewar mods are mounted, so adding shield hardners reduces it ablity to apply Ewar.

A shield vs a repper or a resist plate still will utilize a low slot, and a shield bonus would not change that.  Also, AP usage on Sensor Suppressors and Demobs is high, and so it would come under the same issue as the Seth - high AP burn, with a defensive system that also will be burning AP.  If Ewar mods were low AP usage, it might work, but currently, it would make it ineffective.

So the resist bonus actually makes sense.  Low armor, high resists, and staying at range, makng it totally dependant on remote rrep support, or staying at extreme ange to be able to get out of damage range.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

It fell in line with other laser bots.  They have a tough time with accumulator, so resist bonuses make repping cost less accumulator.  But since the zenith rarely (never) uses weapons, its not as justified.  I could see it as an "inherited trait" of being thelodica.  I'm a believer in logical lore but not at the cost of balance.

Resist bonus opens it up to easier RR support.  Since it generally sits at the back of groups it would likely be near an RR, right?

TBH I'm for the factions keeping a relatively similar defensive bonus, as to say they developed their alternative methods separately.  Pelistal is shielding because of low AP weapons, Thelo is resist because of high AP weps, and nuimqol is repping as mid range AP use.

When you look at it, Thelo has the best bonus because they can mitigate damage without any mods installed.  The repair and shield bonuses only take effect when the appropriate mods are installed.

Be happy you don't have to dedicate slots for defense. big_smile

->You just lost The Game<-

Is this some kind of nerf zenith whine? I don't see people getting the sarcasm though.

Zenith has more hp than any other ewar mech, in addition to resist bonus, plus same number (3) of leg slots as any other ewar mech, and extra head slots. Resist bonus would definitely benefit Zenith more than any other ewar mech, as it has the largest hp pool. Taking away resist bonus would be a big nerf, ppl tend to shoot whoever's demobbing them whenever they can...

And no, ewar mechs aren't supposed to be tougher than gun mechs.

nah, he's crying for a shield bonus so zeniths can get the imba shield tank of seth on an ewar.

just waiting for someone to ask for a masking bonus on ewar bots/mechs

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

As far as I'm concerned Zeniths are scary.

but armless smile

If you try some LOL fits...you will be surprised of what a zenith can actually do.

This Is Your Mother Speaking.

I am agree with author. Also zenith have failed design: disproportional head and body

Alexadar wrote:

I am agree with author. Also zenith have failed design: disproportional head and body

well, you can put so many modules in that head...
and the body doenst look that much out of proportion if you mount neuts or drainer arms.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

well, you can put so many modules in that head...
and the body doenst look that much out of proportion if you mount neuts or drainer arms.

Yeah, but players dont want to fit drainers for longrange demob zenith(

Don't tank with ewars, they aren't for that.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086