Topic: Episode 9 - Incoming Transmission Podcast

http://incomingtransmission.wordpress.com/

Short one this time. neutral

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Episode 9 - Incoming Transmission Podcast

Podcast, beer and PHP code - I love this job smile

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Good episode, curious about the bars in the market view too! Any DEV can confirm how to interpret it? (maybe I can also shamefully suggest to simply make it in per day terms rather than something else)

Yeah, it was me that was suspecting that the start of the bars mean the time of the transaction, and it simply extends til the next transaction happens, the height is obviously the amount traded.  Hopefully a dev will confirm/deny this.

->You just lost The Game<-

The bars are a minor improvement over the old method but it's still a little confusing. It appears to be based on the method Neoxx suggested but it would be nice to step forward again and have a real bar chart when 1 sale = 1 bar at a set size.

A line graph would work too.  Single points at the time and amount of the transaction.

about the new player thing, one noob won't be a proper gauge of all our reactions. you'd have to interveiw at least ten before i'd agree you've got a good general idea of the new player experience.

this was good work, and i'm looking forward to the next one.

/witty sig

8 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-07-11 11:30:29)

Jaik3 wrote:

about the new player thing, one noob won't be a proper gauge of all our reactions. you'd have to interveiw at least ten before i'd agree you've got a good general idea of the new player experience.

this was good work, and i'm looking forward to the next one.

This.  Originally this came up on our corp forums and I was expecting to hear from someone who was going to participate in this podcast (and had asked them to pass on that I was willing to come on as well) but they dropped off the radar - no idea what happened to them.

I'd be willing to come on and speak as a NeX officer, if that would be hepful.  I primarily handle personell and diplomatic issues and work on the collection and re-dissemination of information through every department in the corporation.  At least this is how it will work when we're done the initial cat-herding. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

We won't ever get a consensus view, its just not possible. Just like all you guys hear is our view on the podcast. At worst, we are wrong and everyone gets to pile in to correct us big_smile

There will definitely be a panel again so we can take some input from that but if anyone wants to come on the podcast to talk about something in particular, let Grem or myself know and we'll sort something out.

Thanks for the great feedback all!!

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

I look forward to this podcast big_smile

Love listening to it whilst I mine/transport.

Another great Podcast.  I've learned a lot about the game from your podcasts. I've listened to all of them (a couple more than once).  I started last month with the 'Steve' exodus along with 4-5 other players and we are having a great time in Perpetuum.  Couple of us already have multiple accounts.  I've never been on a Podcast but would be willing to participate and talk about our experiences.

I do agree we would need more than one new player POV to get a general idea.

But getting one person on is a start.

Like Kalsius said. Thanks for all the feedback!

Just contact us if you're intrested. Skype name: Gremrod

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

happy B-Day grem wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

would love to hear a full explanation on kernals, and perhaps why its difficult to acquire them when you are a newer character, even though that is the time you need the t2 gear the most?

maybe share your thoughts on the best wayto source these?

The Mad Proffessor wrote:

would love to hear a full explanation on kernals, and perhaps why its difficult to acquire them when you are a newer character, even though that is the time you need the t2 gear the most?

Use muscle to get access to epriton.

Mine epriton.

Sell epriton.

Use buy orders to get kernals.

................?

Profit.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Mine epriton.

Sell epriton.

................?

Profit.

Or just skip steps 4 and 5 big_smile

Neoxx wrote:
Jita wrote:

Mine epriton.

Sell epriton.

................?

Profit.

Or just skip steps 4 and 5 big_smile

Seriously though an organised epi mining group can make 10 million per person per hour. 5 people, one hour, 60 million when sold. Thats 30 observer mech kernals an hour for a five man group.

Who the hell CANT finish tech.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

People who are using the epi to build stuff?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

People who are using the epi to build stuff?

If you are, then 1 hour out of that time to just get NIC isnt much in the scheme of things.

But, I still prefer the completely safe alpha version of making 10+mil an hour so I'll stick with that when I need NIC... which I probably never will tongue