Topic: Seems some in EVE feel threatened by this game

Found this little gem on the eve-o forums under "Traitors to eve should not be allowed to return".  Pretty choice stuff.

That is the bottom line. People who leave to go play with their wind-up toy robots should never be allowed to return to EVE-Online.

Loyalty!

That my friends is what separates the men from the rest of the rabble. Faithfulness to the community and to the idea that is EVE-Online. It is about not abandoning your friends because times get a little tough.

I refuse to just watch as those less worthy of this game jump ship and think it is OK to come back when the choppy waters have passed. These are not the players our spaceship game needs. We need real people with real values. I want to be surrounded by those who think and believe like that. In many ways, this game has changed my life for the better. I have never lost faith in you CCP. You will always have by far the best community any gaming company could ever hope for. I will always be loyal to you and the idea that is CCP and EVE-Online. Do not allow those who jump ship be welcomed back. We do not need, or want them to taint this game again.

Much respect! 07

-Better Than You

Re: Seems some in EVE feel threatened by this game

Realising this is not your opinion:
A game can be played by anyone who wants to play it and isn't banned.

"THIS IS NOT A GAME!!!! THIS IS SRS SPCSHP BSNS!!!!"

->You just lost The Game<-

I really feel sorry for that guy.  Be loyal to your friends and family, not to a company that made a pretty cool game a long time ago.  Blind faith is a dangerous thing, luckily this poor soul has only placed his in a space game on the internet. 

I have nothing against Eve.  I left it 4 years ago because I was bored with it and exploration took too much time to be what I wanted it to be, but I did stick it out for a long time.  My only wish is that I had left sooner.  I can't imagine being so beholden to a game that I would want a policy in place to ban people who left to try something else.  And to thank them for making your life better?  Wow! Online friendships are great, but you have to be in pretty dire circumstances to have the worth of your life increase in any magnitude by a video game.  Good for that guy, though.   Maybe Tony Robbins will have a motivational informercial about Eve.

umm, troll alert?

this guy on the eve forums probably wants a response. at least, i hope that there's nobody this stupid.

/witty sig