Re: Attributes.

Rodger Wilcoe wrote:
Alrione wrote:

View it simply as player incentive.

What incentive? To make something that is supposed to be harder easier? That isn't incentive, that is impatience and laziness.

Why bother with implants, lets just put in a "learning" extension roll

You are still missing the point.
Due to the way progression in perpetuum works, sooner or later down the line you will start crosstraining into other areas.
It only makes sense that if someone wants to branch into something else, at some point down the line make things a little bit easier.
Say you trained heavy mechas and some big guns to some level, you SHOULD become more proficient in that area, thats how learning anything works.
Once you reached that threshold you should get little buff to stats SPECIFICALLY to that area.
This way theres no need for implants/learning extensions It will come in naturally, and reward player in the long term.
This is nothing to do with impatience or laziness.

27 (edited by Rodger Wilcoe 2011-07-09 15:54:20)

kosdosu wrote:

What? That doesn't make any sense, you saying that when you become 30 years old you forever a 30yo and stop improving yourself?

Learn the difference between what you know and your capability to learn.

There's nothing that says otherwise so how can you assume my assumptions are poor?

I don't see such implants mentioned in the lore, so it is you making the assumptions, not me.

Alrione wrote:

Due to the way progression in perpetuum works, sooner or later down the line you will start crosstraining into other areas.
It only makes sense that if someone wants to branch into something else, at some point down the line make things a little bit easier.

It makes sense? No it doesn't. If you want to cross-train then you suffer the appropriate penalty. Having mechanisms that override, compensate or assist in these areas make the early decisions relatively pointless.

This is nothing to do with impatience or laziness.

Really? You want something made easier that is designed to be harder. What would you call it?

Rodger Wilcoe wrote:
kosdosu wrote:

What? That doesn't make any sense, you saying that when you become 30 years old you forever a 30yo and stop improving yourself?

Learn the difference between what you know and your capability to learn.

You are still not getting it...

Rodger Wilcoe wrote:

I don't see such implants mentioned in the lore, so it is you making the assumptions, not me.

Quoting from the lore: "With our state-of-art devices, we had broken down our physical and mental boundaries."

That not good enough for an assumption. Also, yet again you're completely missing the point here, there's nothing in the lore that disproves what i said.

kosdosu wrote:

yet again you're completely missing the point here

No, I know what the point is. The point is that you want something that is supposed to be harder made easier through implants.

Not implants, Spark upgrades (so they could be destructible).