Topic: Starting industry as a trial player

Hi, I've started up a trial account to get a feel for the game, and I'd like to get stuck into some production.  The problem I'm having is that because I can't access the market, I seem to be unable to begin.  I have built up a few things in my knowledge base, but I can't build them as I don't have the miner charges required to get the raw materials, and I am not allowed to buy them.

Also, I can't seem to do any reverse engineering, as I can't buy decoders.  I presume that they are available by killing NPCs, but I've tried killing as many different types that I can find, and the ones that don't totally own me don't seem to drop decoders.

So, I guess my questions are:
- Where can a trial player get decoders?
- How do I bootstrap my production if I can't buy the raw materials or the miner charges I need?

Re: Starting industry as a trial player

I'm pretty sure you can get the miner charges as trial, since they are npc seeded. No idea about decoders though.

I'd recommend subing for 1 month. All the cool kids are doing it. big_smile

...and it's the only sure way to prevent the Trial from driving you mad.

I subbed for 6 months on my 2nd day in.

Bowlowl wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can get the miner charges as trial, since they are npc seeded. No idea about decoders though.

You're quite right - I can actually get the miner charges.  Just need to find a decoder now!

If you have ten days trial and you sub do you lose those 10 days?

No you don't, it gets added on to your superscription time.

Shaedys wrote:

No you don't, it gets added on to your superscription time.

Thank you for this info smile This is why  I have kept my time code on ice for now big_smile

Will change that when I get home big_smile