1 (edited by Crepitus 2011-07-04 00:49:11)

Topic: Perp-Kill.net - Perpetuum Killboard

I don't know who created this.  The domain has only been registered since yesterday but it's nicely done, fast, concise and has comments as well as the ability to submit mails for posting (which would be the major thing missing from all the other ones I've seen).

Nice job Mitix (nichovoid?) whoever you are smile

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: Perp-Kill.net - Perpetuum Killboard

It's a great concept but until someone (Gargaj) makes an API system to even just verify killmails it'll never work.

In fact the first API system should just be to take the UUID of killmails and return the mail. Simples.

Hello Everyone!

For those of you who have not heard, http://www.perp-kill.net is officially open for business. Perp-Kill is a central killboard for Perpetuum (obviously) where anyone and everyone is invited to post their killmails, view statistics, and comment on recent battles. yarr

Since Per-Kill is quite new and features are being added everyday, there may be some bugs. If you encounter one, or think of a feature you'd like to see, or just want to chat, join the in game channel "perp-kill" to get a hold of me.

Finally, the agent detail page is looking a bit bland. I need your help to design an agent ranking system. Here's what I need:

• A points system. Possible factors include: kills, losses, ship types, agents involved, etc.

• A list of ranks with the required point values for each.

• 100x100 .png images for the rank decorations.

http://www.perp-kill.net/images/ranks.png

The points system will be used to calculate each agent's rank, which will be displayed on their agent detail page along with the decoration graphic.

If this sort of thing sounds like your cup of tea, post your ideas in this thread. Your proposals don't have to cover all the bullet points. If you're a graphics person, share your decoration ideas. If you're a math person, share your formulas.

That's it for now. Happy hunting!

Just to point out Mittix, theres already been people stealing my identity and posting trash on your KB under my name, fake KB's getting posted as DEV Zoom apparently killed my Mesmer in an Arkhe, etc. Would be nice if something could be done either account-wise or w/e to prevent this from getting more widespread. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Until API systems come out killboard systems will be risky at best to believe. D:

See, this is why we can't have nice things.

Mitix, thanks for doing this up it's much appreciated.

Syndic wrote:

Just to point out Mitix, theres already been people stealing my identity and posting trash on your KB under my name, fake KB's getting posted as DEV Zoom apparently killed my Mesmer in an Arkhe, etc. Would be nice if something could be done either account-wise or w/e to prevent this from getting more widespread. smile

Until an official API is provided by the lovely devs, there's not a whole lot I can do. I can implement a flagging system where a certain number of reports will get a mail deleted, but that too could be exploited. I'd like to avoid making people register to post because that limits the accessibility and makes more work for me (verifying identities).

Anyway, in the mean time, if anyone sees a loss with their name on it that didn't happen, mail me in game with the kill id (located in the address bar: id='copy this value') and I'll take care of it.

Very cool.

Hopefully the devs get some time to put together an API in the near future to help this killboard take off.

Its great how fast this came up, really well done even if it is copied.

Needs to show the difference between mk2/mk1 on stats.

Pricing will probably be very hard in this game atm.

But its probably close to as good as its going to get w/o api's and killmails being updated/adding items

Good work!

Thanks to Mitix his time and for clearing up the false data. big_smile

CIR Complaint Form

Yup.. will eventually need some way to confirm the unique identifier of the killmail with the local perp database system, if not an individual "API" per player.  Large strings of numbers and letters confound me anyway, but not immediately necessary to have an "API" exactly, just eventually necessary to confirm the validity of a killmail while they're being submitted manually.  A little harder to do from a player end (submitting a mail) but then a group has a choice to not submit one (people seem to want to be secretive as it is with killmails, so why not be secret that killing is happening at all?)

Can work either way, but great job with getting the killboard up, it has been fun watching it populate smile

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

ranking? here you go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

Very nice work Mitix.

1 note: It doesn't seem to accept non english formatted KMs.

Ratings are hard to do accurately within the KB unless you weight support mechs like ewar/indy bots efforts... unfortunately the KM's don't accurately reflect their contribution.

Considering the API issue, it's still better than nothing, and gives a place were trophies can be displayed.  Of course, there will always be people who will abuse that, but I would like to think the majority of us would like a clear and accurate record, that everyone can have a clear indication of combat in Perpetuum.

TY, Mitix, for at least making an effort to provide such.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

I just finished putting in a points system. You can view the whole explanation on the perp-kill main page and come back to flame here. cool

Kills are just the end-product of EWAR pilots and field maneuvers. smile

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

Kills are just the end-product of EWAR pilots and field maneuvers. smile

There's also the part where Syn makes sure he gets the last shot then shouts:"NINJA!" on TS big_smile

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Mitix GJ.. your a star! smile

Why does the date says 2212 for year? Km RP is nice and all, but it may be useful to see the real date at a glance once the game gets older and list of kills/losses grow. Requesting a auto translation on date. It's just a set number of years. Shouldn't be too hard. tongue

Killmails are great. They're a record of your exploits and evidence of dominance over your enemies. But it's also a very real reason people won't pvp without significant advantages in their favor.

The biggest problem for me with Eve isn't mt's or being lied too, though they're huge. For me it was the pvp culture that the players created around the base mechanics. No sustainable solo pvp, gangs only engaging if they felt they had no chance to lose, station games (scooping pimped ships is sad), sc hot drops...

My point is that km's contribute to this, but are by no means the only contributing factor. I would personally prefer to not have the same fate happen here. I have yet to partake in pvp here, but I'm looking forward to it and hope it's a long standing addiction for me.

Being locked out of using teleports after A) using said teleport and B) being engaged in pvp, both discourage small scale pvp.

I understand the worry about people docking and undocking in terminals but I cannot see why there would be such limitations on teleports themselves.

For instance, when I zone into Nova, I know I can hold my own and *** some people up but it is essentially a death sentence because I have no outlet for escape.

I am a casual player at the moment and have no immediate plans to vow my allegiance towards any corp yet and even if I do, I don't want to have to spend my precious time assembling a squad with the right makeup in order to be viable for pvp.

What about other people who spent their precious time to assemble a squad with the right makeup to be PVP-win? They can just go hopping after you through 50 gates until you finally jump into Alpha and go TROLOLOLOLO?  wink

CIR Complaint Form

Monster wrote:

Being locked out of using teleports after A) using said teleport and B) being engaged in pvp, both discourage small scale pvp.

What your talking about isnt "small scale pvp"  its solo play, and I'm afraid I just cant agree with rambo-style.  its an MMO.  Solo players never have the stamina to play for very long so I wouldn't want them to change a mechanic based on 'grasshopper' players.

Monster wrote:

For instance, when I zone into Nova, I know I can hold my own and *** some people up but it is essentially a death sentence because I have no outlet for escape.

Its not a death sentence, your just gona lose a bot.. money is easy to obtain, corps can easily produce replacement gear quite cheaply with a reasonably organized industry.   So theres no need to cry over the loss of a single bot.

Not only that, people have come onto Nova, killed *** and got off alive... if you cant handle the heat go to other islands where I'm sure it would be considerably cooler.