Re: Running 2 accounts

India51A wrote:

I want to create a 2nd account on the same computer, but I am not sure which is the best way to do this.  Could someone advise me please?  Thanks.

Easiest way is to make a new empty folder.

Name it (Perp II) or something. Then goto your perpetuum files, select all and copy. Then goto your new file and open it. Then click paste.

Be sure to put shortcuts on your quickbar or desktop from each .exe with a different name. Also, you can use these Icons to help you differentiate.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … uum-icons/

Annihilator wrote:

1. activate vsync on both
2. close the general chat and help channel at at least one of it

console: showfps 2
for fps display

Running 3 accts across 3 monitors and 2 gfx cards, I used to have a horrid smooth but jerky motion on all accounts. Disabling vsync fixed the problem and although my fps hovers around 50 on all the accts the game is smooth.

i guess theres a difference between "running game on one GFX card" or "two gfx cards" when using vsync...

its probably better to have vsycn forced by gfx card setting, istead of game setting (if it works, which didn't for me with my old driver)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

mind you with 2 clients at 1080p my 6870 cant get the frames above 60 (around 50) so I am not to worried about tearing and the card wont kill itself any more buy running at useless refresh rates.  Hence there being no value in turning on Vsync.

vsycn only is valuable for me in terminal or on login screen, where even my gf9800 runs 200+ fps on both clients - turns gfx-card from 60° up to 100°+

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear