Topic: Running 2 accounts

I want to create a 2nd account on the same computer, but I am not sure which is the best way to do this.  Could someone advise me please?  Thanks.

Re: Running 2 accounts

main thing is you need a 2nd install folder for the 2nd account.
OH and a different e-mail address....

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

If you have a second hard drive, just copy/paste the folder onto there, otherwise just copy/paste it into a new folder (Perpetuum2 or something).  If you are using a second monitor as well, put the icon to open the game on that monitor so it opens on there.

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:

If you have a second hard drive, just copy/paste the folder onto there, otherwise just copy/paste it into a new folder (Perpetuum2 or something).  If you are using a second monitor as well, put the icon to open the game on that monitor so it opens on there.

didnt know that...
any way of doing this from the Quick Launch shortcuts????

EVE - bigsteve

5 (edited by India51A 2011-07-02 20:10:34)

So, do I just copy the Perpetuum exe to a new folder?

India51A wrote:

So, do I just copy the Perpetuum exe to a new folder?

everything in that folder...

EVE - bigsteve

7 (edited by Thom Wells 2011-07-02 21:59:38)

No, the enitre folder, rename it, and make a new shortcut.

You may consider turning down the settings on the second account to smooth things out a bit.

Also, use windowed mode, it makes switching between copies seamless.

Crawl safe big_smile

Also, auto follow will only work in windowed mode, or so I found smile

Thanks for the advice guys.

Note: all of the above is only required if you want to play both accounts at the same time. If you only want to have two (or two hundreds) accounts but still play them one at a time, all you need is two (or two hundreds) emails. Just enter the email of the account you want to play at login.

Avatar Creations have a lot to learn about economy
-- Snowman

Ok, well I'm playing 2 accounts at the same time, unfortunately movement is very jerky when both accounts are loaded, even though my ping on both is around 90ms.  Even if one is static in a terminal, the movement is still jerky on the one travelling, but as soon as I log one of the accounts off, the movement becomes smooth again, with ping still around 90ms.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E5800  @ 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5450

Display Memory: 3827 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1012 MB
Shared Memory: 2815 MB

If anyone could help me with this problem, I would be very grateful.  Thanks

Could you clarify whether you mean fps or your bots jumping around thanks to lag?

I would guess it's FPS as my ping stays at 90ms, it's just that when both accounts are loaded the movement is jerky, like rubber banding but in small steps.  That's the best way I can explain it.

1. activate vsync on both
2. close the general chat and help channel at at least one of it

console: showfps 2
for fps display

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

India51A wrote:

I would guess it's FPS as my ping stays at 90ms, it's just that when both accounts are loaded the movement is jerky, like rubber banding but in small steps.  That's the best way I can explain it.

Ping is meaningless here.
The question is: Is this a graphics problem with your fps dropping, which would be very noticeable as the framerate goes down, or is it a problem with packets from the server being delayed? It would be noticeable because the fps would stay high and smooth, but module activations would be delayed, bots would walk in one direction only to suddenly jump to a completely different position etc.

The approach to solving fps is completely different to solving lag.

If it's fps, reducing graphics settings should do a lot, especially reducing shadows.
If it's lag, you're in for some trouble, as just about anything could interfere with it.

Well my fps is only 7-8!  So I would imagine that is the problem, but I already have everything turned down on both clients and it's still slightly jerky when travelling.

My FPS is always at 60 (vsync) on both clients but if I undock both chars and then set one to follow and walk around with the other then I also see my second bots movement as "jerky". For example if I drive in a line and then stop then the second bot (the one on follow) will usually look like it's continuing to drive on past me. When I alt tab to the second client then I'm actually exactly where I should be (right beside the bot i'm following).

What happens is basically called "rubber banding" in EVE.

This is not a client performance issue - it' an issue with how the server synchronizes player movement and positions between individual clients/players.

I'm not having any client side performance issues so far.

Cheers
Damian

Damian Vilsalant wrote:

My FPS is always at 60 (vsync) on both clients but if I undock both chars and then set one to follow and walk around with the other then I also see my second bots movement as "jerky". For example if I drive in a line and then stop then the second bot (the one on follow) will usually look like it's continuing to drive on past me. When I alt tab to the second client then I'm actually exactly where I should be (right beside the bot i'm following).

What happens is basically called "rubber banding" in EVE.

This is not a client performance issue - it' an issue with how the server synchronizes player movement and positions between individual clients/players.

I'm not having any client side performance issues so far.

Cheers
Damian

That is all down to speed differences the following bot is obviously faster than the leading bot, so it runs up to range stops then runs to follow etc. manually adjust the following bots speed to match that of the leading bot and every thing will be smooth again.

There are a few small difficulties with multiple clients the biggest is that when you are suffering lowish fps some rapid inputs may not be recognised particularly annoying when trying to auto run or dbl click approach on a tile.

Damian Vilsalant wrote:

---

That is just in the game and has nothing to do with your PC.
Reality is just different on different clients tongue

Playing PO on 2 x 42" monitors, 3rd monitor for the forum. big_smile

Tailn wrote:

That is all down to speed differences the following bot is obviously faster than the leading bot, so it runs up to range stops then runs to follow etc. manually adjust the following bots speed to match that of the leading bot and every thing will be smooth again.There are a few small difficulties with multiple clients the biggest is that when you are suffering lowish fps some rapid inputs may not be recognised particularly annoying when trying to auto run or dbl click approach on a tile.

There made the fix more visible, also when your setting a bot to follow you have to think the first client is pinging the sever and asking where is my follow bot, server is pinging 2nd client where are you, second client pings im here following, server pings 1st client back its here folloing you x location. Client pings again thanks where is it now?, server (FFS repeats process) yeah ok its still here!!! resulting your 1st client the one your driving to see a hop scotching robot behind you. If you set first client to approach on a land mark/tile and switch to 2nd client you will see it following smoothly. As for the second client ghost walking lol ever wonder why you see people walking threw un-navicable terrain on your radar?

I'm sure a IT guy would explain it better but I use simple none code readers terms.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

Every internet game has ways to give the illusion that there is no lag, so there is a movement prediction done on every bot you see around. The walking in walls thing is exactly that, not sure about the jumping bot smile But yes, the latter is connected with the follower going faster. big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

So on a related note.. If one were to run 2 clients on the same PC, how easy/hard is it to control them both?

24 (edited by Cid Jorgumeri 2011-07-06 06:26:33)

Norrdec wrote:

Every internet game has ways to give the illusion that there is no lag, so there is a movement prediction done on every bot you see around. The walking in walls thing is exactly that, not sure about the jumping bot smile But yes, the latter is connected with the follower going faster. big_smile

Easier than it used to be.  Game's always had an auto-forward key, so you can use that and just steer multiple clients in a window. Until recently though, bots would stop at 'random' (lag/desync/stop running) while trying to autorun.  If you're good/on drugs, you can use autorun to drive 2 or more clients at once.  Expect that to go very wrong in a combat situation though, unless you use more drugs than I'm comfortable with. cool

My previous attempts to dualbox RR and combat have not gone well.

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

Its not hard if you use auto follow when possible, plan stretches of straight uninterrupted walking, and have multiple monitors to keep an eye on things.  I can very easily be doing two things at once in different locations, but only one of them can be combat relatedn. Hauling/artifacting on the alt is very easy to do at the same time as npc farming.  Multiple monitors is key, though.

->You just lost The Game<-