Topic: Weird stuff going on..

So I'm doing missions and what not, running around doing the normal stuff.  I go to get a courier mission and I'm happily moving along to the terminal for delivery.  About half way to the destination, chat just stops.  I can't see any new chat that's going on within any of the chat windows.  I can't get into any chat channels at all, the list wont even populate.

I can still see NPC's running around, even shoot at me.  I can see players going in and out of terminals, yet I can't enter any terminals at all.  I can't chat in game to ask for help, because it's not showing up in the chat windows at all, and I can't see any other players chat.

At first I thought it was lag, but If disconnected and reconnected every time and still nothing.  It'll even sometimes load the terrain when I try to log back in only to crash me out.  I've even had to bring up the task manager twice now to force the game to turn off, that was after I had logged out for the third time trying to figure out the issue.

My connection is fine, because I can play World of Tanks with no lag at all.  I'm confused as to what is going on.

Re: Weird stuff going on..

So I've deleted the perpetuum.gdf file and am going to see if re-updating will help this issue.  *Crosses Fingers*

Well, I guess it has to do with the server hardware upgrade.  Might still be going on or something, but I'm still updating and we'll see what happens.  If all else fails, I'll just have to wait it out I suppose.

I was having a lot of similar problems last night -- lots of lag in chat and pulling up fitting and assignment windows, as well as random disconnects when trying to log in and deploying. Once I was on terrain I was fine walking around and had no issues with the environment, but still had chat window issues.

I'll see tonight if the additional server memory installed today helps.

What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law