1 (edited by Vaneshi SnowCrash 2011-07-01 16:04:11)

Topic: Deploy to Terrain then crash, anyone else?

Got a weird one, was trundling along happily and get disconnected.  Everytime I try to reconnect it disconnects me just as I finish loading terrain.

Can't see anything wrong with my connection so was wondering if anyone else has got this problem?

Ok, it's let me back in having thrown up an "isufficient privledges" error on the login screen *scratches head*

Re: Deploy to Terrain then crash, anyone else?

My client crsahes about once every hour.  50% of the time while I'm out in the wilds, and 50% of the time while either entering terminal and/or deploying to terrain.  Someone told me to turen down my graphics settings, but that does not quite make sense to me.

It just feels like good ole instability in the code.  Anyone know of any fixes and/or workarounds? I really don't want to be randomly disconnected...

Deploy has crashed my system now a couple of times, the bug reporter snaps into action and uploads the crash to the server.

Same issues here, 3-4 crashes in a couple of hours of play, during docking/undocking/teleporting.
Very annoying...

Yup, deploying, undocking, teleporting are all known to cause crashing and more so now than ever before.

Not sure why it's happening but it's annoying and would be nice if this could be looked into and there is more than enough data by now.

Just checking to see if dev team is responding to this problem, and bumping thread.  This is basic instability that badly breaks up game play.  It is to the point now that I crash 90% of the time when entering/deploying and more still for no apparent reason when I'm in the theater of operations. 

Everyone in my corp, NEX, experiences the problem, and they just say, "Oh well.  This is a known memory leaker."  For some reason they are willing to put up with it.  I guess with all the garbage we endured in EvE, this seems like nothing.  But when you think about it, client crashes simply should not be happening.  Any potential subscribers would only form negative opinions when they discover they cannot stay logged in...  Perpetuum got most of us EvE boiz in a rebound relationship as we recently divorced EvE.  I'm not sure the rest of the world would be so accepting or accommodating of the client crashes.

Here's hoping the Dev Team will look into this issue and provide a definitive fix!

I see the same thing, crashes several times a day... usually when docking or undocking.
The crash updater runs etc...
Removed rebooted and reinstalled a couple times still see the issue.

Eta Carinea wrote:

Deploy has crashed my system now a couple of times, the bug reporter snaps into action and uploads the crash to the server.

Same, excep the bug reporter also seems to crash on my system.....

Have only started playing last week and had the same problem.
One of my corp members advised to turn down / off shadows and client has been stable since.

Not shore why, maybe saves the client having to track the shadows.

I crash everytime the game tries to load a map.  Started with undocking giving me a Sytem Message saying"unable to connect to zone. try logging in again"; this would happen before the game started to load the area I was undocking into and continued despite re-logging and then re-installing the whole game.

Now it's moved to attempting to undock but crashing before the load is complete.  This happens everytime without fail.  I am now unable to play Perpetuum because the game cannot load without crashing.  Can we get this fixed please.

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

yesterday, i downloaded the client a second time so i could dual box. i'm not usre if this is related to today's problem.

i log in, then a crash. every single time. i am halfway betewwn the fort donnerth 2 teleport and the TM alpha terminal and i can't get any farther.

/witty sig

Jaik3 try to copy the Perpetuum.gbf file from your working client to the second one's folder.