Topic: Agent Extensions and Robot bonuses

Do extensions and robot bonuses work additively or multiplicatively?

For example, I have basic robotics level 4 and extensive mining level 3.
So in an argano, i have +20% yield from robot bonus and +3% from extensive mining

I thought the 2 are multiplicative, so when mining stermonit, i should be getting 450 * 1.20 * 1.03 = 556.2 stermonit per cycle (assuming stermonit base yield is 450. right???)

But right now, i'm getting 533 stermonit per cycle, which is more like 450 * 1.23 (1.2 + 1.03) (= 553.5 stermonit per cycle). This suggests the robot bonus and extension work additively

Thing is, other threads suggest extensions work multiplicatively. So even if this specific mechanic is working as intended, how do i tell when extensions and bonus are additive or multiplicatively?

Re: Agent Extensions and Robot bonuses

You can see your mining yield by right clicking your miner and showing the information.
I believe the robot bonus is added after extensions and module bonuses but I am not certain.

There is no way to tell how the extension will effect your bonuses other than to find the old threads with all the calculations in.

base * (summ of general bonus + robot bonus) * (specialization) * (tunings)*(tunings)...*(Nexusbonus)

this is true for everything

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

4 (edited by Alexander 2011-06-30 11:47:35)

Annihilator wrote:

base * (sum of general bonus + robot bonus) * (specialization) * (tuning)*(tuning)...*(Nexusbonus)
this is true for everything

Beat me to it! I just found the old thread! tongue

nah, i did spreadsheets the last few days when i wasn't able to log in....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

tyvm!

this is a big help smile