1 (edited by Juju 2011-06-29 22:51:48)

Topic: Deleting Toons, Resets, EP and You

Hello,

First off; great game. I'll be playing this one for awhile.

Now to the point. I created my account 3 days ago. I subbed it yesterday.

After a couple days on trial, then subbing I decided I wanted to do a reset. So, yesterday I deleted the toons on my account, did the reset, then recreated my main. I reapplied EP and played for a bit. I then decided to recreate the other two toons I had before.

Today I figured I didn't need the two extra toons as I'd be concentrating all EP on my main, so I deleted them. I logged out for a short time to do other things. When I logged back on, my main had -8k EP. I was rather perplexed so I pm'd a GM. After a brief conversation I was basically told that I lost EP from deleting the two extra characters and I had a choice of resetting my account again or waiting the 137+ hours for my EP to get back into a + balance.

Ok, that's the story...

Point of post; Don't delete characters or you'll be in the negative on EP.

edit: wasn't sure where to post this, sorry if it's not in the correct place.

Re: Deleting Toons, Resets, EP and You

Definetly not a bug.

On the other hand, it should have only been -2880 EP per character, not sure how you ended up at -8k unless your rounding it down for emphasis.

3 (edited by Raife 2011-06-29 23:12:10)

upon creating a character, there is (or was the last time i did this) a window that pops up before you create a new character warning you of this occurence. And afaik, you only get 1 "free" reset, all others with the same account will deduct ep from your account for doing so.

4 (edited by Juju 2011-06-29 23:23:28)

yeah, I did the free reset. I wasn't aware that deleting a character would cost me EP. I though the only EP penalty was for any additional resets.

edit: ah I see, that little box that pops up says you lose EP if you delete a character? I guess I should have paid better attention to it. Over zealous to get started, you know, new game and all.

Had almost the same problem...
Created a char coupple of days ago,found out that i want to reset and used a charname from a game that shall not be named here:P  I logged in an no EP refunded,asked kindly a GM and he said just reset that char with a "bad" name as well.
I did that and reset is still not working.dont know if that is a bug but somehow i have -8k EP and no refund.
thx

Reset and Delete are different, you have to delete your characters first then reset the account.

But you may want to hold off, and see how the new char. reset works anyway.

Not a bug, moved.

A lot of people are indeed confusing character deletion for an account reset. This is certainly not the case, to do a reset you have to push the account reset button which appears when you do not have any characters on your account. It's all explained under the account reset info button on the character selection screen.