Topic: Idle time? How about suggesting a fun 'compensation' approach

From the throttled logins, comes talk of how players should be compensated.  The devs, I believe, have stated adding subscription time to match the time lost.  I'd go for a increment in EP myself, but it makes me wonder what other fun we can have with dev compensation.

So, how about a companion bot called "Hilmar", made by CCP Corp.  It has no purpose other than to occassionally accept NIC from you.  Every once in awhile, it asks for a big jump in NIC and then makes for the nearest cliff and jumps off, wrecking itself while chatting about this is what you really want.

Re: Idle time? How about suggesting a fun 'compensation' approach

I agree shuttle bot called hilmar would be fun, no special functions, no slots, tiny cargo, moderate to fast speed and cheap good for going to a different terminal etc, should have a monocle and the ccp logo on it.

While it would be funny, the ccp logo couldn't be a part of it.  Since the CCP logo is trademarked, legally no one can use the logo without prior written notice -- and we all know CCP would try and charge perp dev's for use of their logo. 

Perp of course wouldnt go for being charged by CCP for anything.

Give it the logo EvE

call it Hilmar and it should send you an in game mail once a month, detailing any monies spent on MT vanity Items.

smile

Make an interface in outposts or terminals named CCP Zulu -- and you pop it up and ask it a question say about your mech...  and It'll say something about $1000 japanese designer pants, golden ammo, or something equally obsurd and finish by stating 'hope this has further clarified your questions and concerns regarding <random_topic_not_involved_with_question>'

All I want is the new reset system to go live so I can fix the mistakes I made without 20% EP penalty.

Shadowfly wrote:

So, how about a companion bot called "Hilmar", made by CCP Corp.  It has no purpose other than to occassionally accept NIC from you.  Every once in awhile, it asks for a big jump in NIC and then makes for the nearest cliff and jumps off, wrecking itself while chatting about this is what you really want.

I will pay in Aurum just to see it.

Koos wrote:
Shadowfly wrote:

I'll be glad when all this CCP crap is behind us and I never have to read or hear the word aurum again...  maybe the dev's can make the word a forum bad-word?

Slavyn Liko wrote:

I'll be glad when all this *** crap is behind us and I never have to read or hear the word ***** again...  maybe the dev's can make the word a ***** bad-word?

I would pay ***** to see this.

Slavyn Liko wrote:
Koos wrote:
Shadowfly wrote:

I'll be glad when all this CCP crap is behind us and I never have to read or hear the word aurum again...  maybe the dev's can make the word a forum bad-word?

I think there is a lvl1 transport quest named "aurum", I think you take a SynSec from asintec alpha to truhold-markson alpha, and get paid.

Raife wrote:
Slavyn Liko wrote:
Koos wrote:

I think there is a lvl1 transport quest named "aurum", I think you take a SynSec from asintec alpha to truhold-markson alpha, and get paid.

correction: you take a Syntec from asintec alpha to truhold-markson alpha to get paid.  I blow *** up.

12 (edited by Tarantoga 2011-06-29 18:11:23)

Shadowfly wrote:

ROFL, I love it! I would even pay MTs for this big_smilelol:P

I love it as well big_smile

Tweaker wrote:

I agree shuttle bot called hilmar would be fun, no special functions, no slots, tiny cargo, moderate to fast speed and cheap good for going to a different terminal etc, should have a monocle and the ccp logo on it.

Needs to also be seeded for 1.2 billion isk.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

uhh, blackomen without m2s flag... thats.... can't find a word for it

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Good for him and NeX?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Shadowfly wrote:

From the throttled logins, comes talk of how players should be compensated.  The devs, I believe, have stated adding subscription time to match the time lost.  I'd go for a increment in EP myself, but it makes me wonder what other fun we can have with dev compensation.

I see what you did there big_smile big_smile

Slavyn Liko wrote:

While it would be funny, the ccp logo couldn't be a part of it.  Since the CCP logo is trademarked, legally no one can use the logo without prior written notice -- and we all know CCP would try and charge perp dev's for use of their logo.

They could just call the Corp See See Pee with a logo like this: €€P

big_smile