Topic: Multiclient issue

Apparently it seems like that when running with multiple clients my GFX card fan starts to go beserk.

Running with a single client it sounds more like its idling, but as soon as I have 2 applications open (be it perp, eve or another game for that matter) and even minimizing one of the windows so that the graphics are sort of "not being rendered or put resources into" - it still keeps heating up, as soon as one of the applications goes down and only got one running and have perp open, the fan gets down to a point where it sounds like my computer is idling.

I havent gotten the exact amount of heat which is being produced at this time, I will get some numbers if that is needed however.

not sure if this is a bug or just my computer which apparently dislikes running with multiple clients in perp ;p?

I got a Nvidia 480GTX

Re: Multiclient issue

Perpetuum is lacking the "Idle" state when not the current focued window.

GPU-Z will give you details on your card. big_smile

Also, turn off Shadows.

Ah.. Shadows - I guess i'll try look into taking them off xD.. A shame though - I like shadows >_<...

And thank you for the heads up with GPU-Z

activate vsync on all clients

really - 300+ fps will produce heat, even if the client is minimized or not. (actually for me, minimizing removes the vsync as there is nothing to sync with)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear