1 (edited by Gruntok 2011-06-28 13:28:05)

Topic: laser accumulater use

does the accumulater use of lasers get better with skills or will i always be a cap hungry glass cannon?

Re: laser accumulater use

Also wondering. I'm on the verge of picking my non-missile weapon path.

It gets better with skills. Everyone has accu problems wink

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Lasers alone should never drain your accumulator (Unless you've highly skilled rate of fire without supporting it with accumulator skills).

Lasers are also not glass cannons. They're one of the longest range weapons. Tanking however is hard in this game and without the correct modules should not be attempted.

Yes Laser require a lot of EP in AP skills.
E.g. energy management and accumulator expansion.

Lasers are the weapons that require the most AP
Even light lasers need more AP then the most Medium weapons. (Only medium em-guns and medium lasers need more).

at the same time, the laser assault bot is the one that needs less extensions to fit a medium accumulator in one of the legslots. Combined with the accumulator size bonus the bot provides, you get enough AP regeneration to support theoretical constant fire with 5 small laser + permarunning a higher tier small repair module without fitting a tuning.

@Alexander: yes, they should never, but they do always... and they do it even if your high in accumulator extensions. Only way to get a capstable laser mech is with injector, all leg slots full with recharger or with energy support behind you.

As Laser Mech user im always saying: You must be a masochist to stay with laserbots (they can be good tanks wink)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

As Anni pointed out, Basic Robotics gives the Baphomet Assualt bot 5% better Accumulator per extension level (not to mention Crit). The trouble is that you only need level 4 to move onto Advanced Robotics, which is for the Mech classes.

If your willing to hang out in Assault bots for awhile, getting basic up to 6 or 7 is better than putting in leg modules, which you can then use for armor.

Yea but mechs dont have that bonus. And whats the point of having a third (or forth) legslot if youre "forced" to use a specific fitting? Thats not how it should work.

Too much AP and/or regen baked into the Mech and then you have to somehow balance it around being TOO good at tanking.

Heh thats why the artemis is more like a tank then a laser platform.
But the artemis is:P not the bot with the highest AP recharge rate.... wink

Think out side the box use an ERP and dual rep if you like the wild side! I've found more fits for my Artimis then I did for my tyrannos. Only thing I don't like is the mid mounted missile point... Oh well I can live with that

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

yeah, i would like to fit a bolter in there... but second generation weapons got pushed back again sad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear