Topic: Things to Know for New Players

OK so this would be a good area to post those annoying little thigns you dont know about until you spend several hours of agrivation till you get it, add what you find out.

1) When doing the rookie assignments (combat) dont try and kill a bot with a yellow star next to him.  That star indicates another player has the kill rights.  Your kill rights show up with a green circle.

2) The chasis scanner mission requires you to BUY a chasis scanner.

3) Use the "L" button to outlay areas you cant walk through

Re: Things to Know for New Players

1) Do not spend all your EP at once. Keep some in the bank.
2) Do not re-spec if you are struggling. Ask for advice first. You may be fighting the wrong rats.
3) Use the map to plot a route to your mission. Keep the radar open as well.
4) Double click a npc in the "overview" to lock it and set as primary. Double click a can to move into range of it (G key grabs all).
5) Put some EP into "basic parallel assignments" - pick up 2 or 3 missions to the same area all at once.
6) Do some courier missions for ammo. Or farm some racial npc for it.
7) Farming plasma makes good NIC when you are starting out.
8) Your cans live for 10 minutes. They are lootable by others after 5.
9) As in Eve look at the "overview" to see when you are primaried (red boxed). Kite & rep when necessary.
10) As in Eve you can spec into multiple races and weapon types. Re-spec'ing into another race is not necessary.

Fa1con wrote:

2) The chasis scanner mission requires you to BUY a chasis scanner.

During the 10-part tutorial missionline you receive a chassis scanner as a reward.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys.... i was shooting rats with stars like mad thinking they're some kind of premium rats...now i know wink

Locking targets

There are two kinds of lockings. One is primary and the other is secondary.

Press R to primary lock the target or F to secondary lock it.