1 (edited by PsyBlade 2011-06-28 03:50:28)

Topic: out of game improvements.

Hey all,

If I am not mistaken I saw mention somewhere that the team was working on a new forum with new and improved updates, goodies etc. Now since this is a feedback/request forum I figure to see if we can request things for that as well.

• Can the website have the incursions listed with a countdown timer? So that you can see out of game when they are (and maybe have the code available for corporations so they can add them to their corp site?)

• A possible function for the website where people can put in a bot fitting (and then have it show what extensions are needed for the full setup and then have it being able to be exported as txt or xml)

Now for some non-website related ideas

• API, once more if I heard it correctly, WiP, can you share with us what will be available and what we can do with it? for example, use for character planners, have the API (or code) being able to be pulled for a Perpetuum Fitting tool.

• Will it be possible in some sort to have API also being exported in regards of who has what Outpost? So that it is possible to make a map out of that with all the possible teleporters?

Just a few ideas...

Re: out of game improvements.

Those are all important queries, I'm curious to know what the devs have to say about it.
In my opinion it's really important to provide players with out-of-game tools as it helps with player's game planning and in designing strategies and bot configurations.

bump

There are a number of feature requests in the dev que, second generation weapons (AOE) as well as improvements to corporate management and Player owened structures (POS).

API is on the community wish list, but it's after (POS) and (AOE).

The devs have mentioned they are going to get a test server, if they havn't already, which would be key to developing an API as well as testing other more invasive changes.

Bittervets have pushed us back a week at least with spending all this time on the relay server, but this would have shown up eventually anyway, just means we will all have to wait a bit longer for these features.

Along these lines is there any motion towards providing a static data dump, similar to what Eve provides containing detailed item information.  I'd like to put together some web based tools for manufacturing and other things and it would be amazing to not have to reproduce this data.