1 (edited by excession 2011-06-27 18:48:11)

Topic: Installer crashes, can't install properly

I downloaded the installer, it installs, then when it's downloading for the first time, it crashes almost exactly mid way through with a C++ error window.

When I open it again, it continues from where it left off, except when it completes, the game stalls or crashes everytime I open it.

* Furthest I've gotten is to the login screen, where it doesnt load any background mechs, just blackness, and when I type in my login it stalls forever.

Tried uninstalling/installing many times. Always the crash mid way through the download.

I tried copy'ing the install from my other computer (I used to play when it launched and have moved back here now that EVE is fail).

This opens with the mechs in the background, and downloads a 200mb update, but then crashes as soon as the download completes.

Dunno what to do now.

EDIT: Hmm, while running the initial downloader I notice that by the time it gets to downloading half, the little patcher is using over 2GB of memory?

Re: Installer crashes, can't install properly

Have you tried temporarily disabling your anti-virus? Mine was causing the DL to lock up at consistent points (e.g., 38.1 mb). Once I disabled it, everything went smoothly.

Re: Installer crashes, can't install properly

This bug has been fixed a few days ago, the installer on the website has been updated. Please download it again and try now.