Topic: Integrated Voice-Comms

Something similar to GA voicecomms - alliance, corporation, squad, each activated with its own push-to-talk button. And ability to mute ofc.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Re: Integrated Voice-Comms

I really generally think that using TS3 or vent would give better result. If anything lags or the whole client crashes would mean the comms to be down for the guy too.

Proud member of New Eden Exiles, SQUID Alliance.

You can't even execute a login trap with ingame voice comms, let alone cuss at us at downtimes.

While this is neat, I think it's unnecessary. Teamspeak or Ventrilo are the preferred option. In games where in game chat exists most people tend to use the external options anyway.

After all, comms have become a place to gather and chat that spans more then any one game. They harbor camaraderie and friendship before you press the login button and after you press the logout button.

With 125-150ms (1) way ping times to the server, the resulting 300-500ms delay will be noticable and another network issue they would have to contend with.

3rd party comms are better suited, as that is their primary business.

Vent/TS are better, but not all corps have a server, an in-game option would be good

A Vent Server set up for Perp would be a good Idea here.

That would probably work, but I don't know that AC would need to arrange for one, again because they would then be responsible for it. For now at least, they have their hands full keeping the game up smile

I agree that Vent/TS would be better. The more that is integrated the more stress put on the server and the more that can go wrong.

Still, the possibility should be IMHO. Or any other thing to send message to everyone, not just pm. Something like "ALERT" button.

From time to time you need to call everyone for something, but not everyone is able to speak/talk into ts. SO it can be some popup window instead, or some kind of "mayday" system.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Most of the time if someone cant talk on TS is because they dont have a mic working tongue But a thing like sending a popup to everyone in one channel (once every say 15 mins, so we dont get abused) could be a nice idea.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I'm willing to rent out slots on a vent or ts server in return for nic or gtc to corps that don't want to rent their own if there's interest in it.

TS3 support alone would be enoug - really

granting a ingame overlay, positional audio information for squad mates and channel management options is all you need.

and that is what the TS3 DEV suite offers AFAIK.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I never understood this. Everyone asks for it, then uses TS3 anyways after release in every game I've ever played for the same reason always: 'if your client crashes, your comms don't

Anyways, use mumble.. It has an overlay option that works in any game so you know who's talking.