Topic: Huge vs Small.

After Looking at the game and find all the different things in the game, i was wondering if the smaller robots are any use later on in the game. When looking at all the robots it seems that the larger robots do everything that the smaller robots can do but beter?

Re: Huge vs Small.

the assaults have sneaking ability, because of their high masking numbers.  Light bots have the highest detection, so they are good to spot enemies from far away.  This makes a small group of assaults and a light bot very good for pvp.  You can move quickly and not be seen if you dont want to be.

->You just lost The Game<-

small bots are like pesty flies : hard to hit with medium weapons and enough punch and ewar ability to bring down any big bot

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Many players do not learn mech skills but specialize in light ewar bots.

LLIAXTEP wrote:

Many players do not learn mech skills but specialize in light ewar bots.

Not that many, but I've seen some people be damn effective that have.  I think the main reason is most spec'd into mechs before we had the mechanics like detection/masking and interference, so bigger was almost always better back then.  I definitely see more people putting more EP into assault skills now retroactively, myself included.  Some have respec'd their entire account to put as much into assaults as possible (basic robotics level 10, basic weapon skill level 10).

->You just lost The Game<-

With the changes to assaults I could see how they can be used in bigger battles (ninja the back of the herd while a mech group keeps them occupied from the front) smile It's all WIP, but it's getting there.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please