Topic: Repair costs...

I was just wondering why cost of repair of some modules is so high?
For example  I have looted damaged  Standard Chassis Scanner and I was willing to repair it but cost of repair in this case would be over 76k while brand new ,same model of scanner is available on market for just 35k?
The same problem is with other modules and guns too.
I know that  market prices dropped down (which is good) but on the other hand there is no point to repair found modules at all.It is not worth it.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

2 (edited by Khadia Khan 2011-06-23 12:53:56)

Re: Repair costs...

Cost of repair vs recycle yeild =/= market price vs mat price... some things are just damaged beyond resonable repair seems to be an ok thing to happen. Alot of items especially cargo scanners and chassis scanners are made with Espitium(sp) thats made with Epitron which makes them expensive.
If any one knows the calculations it might help.
Also repair items are color coded White yellow and Red. White is slightly damaged yellow is medium damage red is pretty well destroied.

You may want to look in to recycling and selling mats it could be a better way to make nik then to repair and re-sell.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

Okay ,that make sense.

Thanks for your reply.:)

4 (edited by Kynes 2011-06-23 16:10:27)

What I do with mods I want to keep, I repair the white mods, I recycle the yellow and red ones.

edit:  And there is an extension to reduce repair costs, I think it is 3% per level.