Topic: Triandlus

Is there a bug with the triandlus plant? as the max units i can find in a plant is 20 i thought the plants were now supposed to have 25 units each. Helioptris does have 25 units per plant max though.

Re: Triandlus

Plants are now a huge bottle neck. They take longer to gather than any other material and they're really depressing to collect.

The plants cry when you harvest them... very depressing.

Alexander wrote:

Plants are now a huge bottle neck. They take longer to gather than any other material and they're really depressing to collect.

what do you mean with "now"? are the beta island plants are capped at 25 cycles too?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Alexander 2011-06-14 12:50:49)

Annihilator wrote:
Alexander wrote:

what do you mean with "now"? are the beta island plants are capped at 25 cycles too?

Beta is 50 Helio and 40 Triand.
Alpha is 25 Helio and 20 Triand.

Harvesting used to be fun and enjoyable but now you have yo change targets every 8 to 12 seconds and have to constantly keep moving often very far from where you want to be.
I don't mind the odd plant at 2 or 3 cycles but honestly the algorithm should check the area and force each "Area" looked at to have at least 5 plants at 120~ cycles.

The area can easily be 100x100 tiles. Honestly you can go around a beta island and clear a good 2km radius and have to do it all over again tomorrow to even keep production active let alone expanding.

I don't want all plants to have crazy high cycles but there isn't any point getting a Symbiont over a Gargoyle Mk2. Unless  you want better slope capacity for whatever reason. You don't even get to use the 5th harvesting most of the time. Hah.

Total agree on that.

Initally i hated harvesting. But somehow i got used to it.
You move around and fill you can and after several hours out in the wild your corpmates pay you a visit and bring everything home. *mission successful* ... done with harvesting for a week.

But now:

Harvest some plants at the other end of the island (walk 5km) .. harvest every plant you find .. have someone bring a lithus to the other end of the world .. realize that the amount you got is laughable *pissed+1*

Harvesting on beta? Uh .. i harvest to -relax- to NOT worry about enemys. And having a defense squad going for ~3 hours so you can do the plants? *boooooring* and not rewarding at all.

all plants should have their cap rised then?
i can agree., x2 it

actually id like to have those 128/255 plants back. That was a lot of fun. but i could life with 64 wink

Is this some sort of seasonale thing in game, like 'winter' where they plants just don't get enough sunlight to grow?

As irritating as that is, it would be a nice game mechanic, as long as it swings the other way every few weeks to over abundant plants, and we can stock up.

The plant cap sucks a lot. The amount of spawns either needs to be bumped up or the cap needs to be bumped up. Trying to find plants on some of the new alpha's and beta's is ridiculous. I think we should get the ability to plant Helio and Tri, just like Noralgis. Of course, the incubators would be cheaper for Helio and Tri.

Whatever the case, we need a fix here, because plant harvesting is aggravatting when it's so sparse and in such little quantities.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Grim Faust wrote:

The plant cap sucks a lot. The amount of spawns either needs to be bumped up or the cap needs to be bumped up. Trying to find plants on some of the new alpha's and beta's is ridiculous. I think we should get the ability to plant Helio and Tri, just like Noralgis. Of course, the incubators would be cheaper for Helio and Tri.

Whatever the case, we need a fix here, because plant harvesting is aggravatting when it's so sparse and in such little quantities.

Yes. If this is a prelude to introducing Helio and Tri incubators, they need to release them sooner than later, or production is going to come to a grinding halt very soon.

As a side: Hate the idea if its true, no way to keep any kind of alpha plantations safe from pillfering, so mostly someone is going to end up funding the alpha island gardens.

Change: Lowered the minimum terrain height where triandlus and helioptris can grow.
Change: Increased the mineral limit in triandlus and helioptris plants to 50 on alpha and 100 on beta islands.

Thank you

finally it will start to spread out on new islands... (with roaming npcs inbetween)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yep, its going to be a few days of nail bitting until I figure out where and what the roams are smile