Topic: BUG - no ammo, fire all

Issue:

• Fire All(spacebar) triggers guns with no ammunition.

Reproductive steps:

• 2 turrets - one loaded with ammo, the other empty.

• You hit Fire All(spacebar), loaded gun starts firing, the other gun pops the message 'Not enough ammo'.

• You hit the space bar again to stop firing, no ammunition gun is triggered and pops the message 'Not enough ammo', the other gun keeps firing.

Re: BUG - no ammo, fire all

this also happens when you have multiple ranges of weapons. IE 300m EM guns, and 150m compact missiles. spacebar activates the EM guns at 300m, and says "out of range" for missile launchers. pushing space again does NOT deactivate the EM guns, and again says "out of range" for missiles.

3 (edited by Arga 2011-06-08 17:38:03)

This happens anytime you press the space bar without all weapons firing.

For instance, I have 5 lasers, and manually activte 1,2, and 3. If I then press space bar, 4 and 5 will both fire.

If all lasers are firing, space bar stops all lasers.

I think that works OK.

I see the problem though, which is when 1 or more weapons are out of ammo, you can't 'stop' the firing with the space bar.

I would suggest the 'fix' be:

For body slots that have ammo, pressing space bar ignores modules with 0 ammo EDIT: and weapons that are out of range.

its less of an bug, its more a missing feature.

space bar keybind is called "alpha strike", not "alpha stop all modules".

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Guns nButter wrote:

this also happens when you have multiple ranges of weapons. IE 300m EM guns, and 150m compact missiles. spacebar activates the EM guns at 300m, and says "out of range" for missile launchers. pushing space again does NOT deactivate the EM guns, and again says "out of range" for missiles.

Yeah, it behaves same way when you are out of cap, it will try to fire guns despite your accumulator being empty.

It is like bug that was triggering gun cycles, despite the conditions were not allowing to fire the guns. It is the same case.

Accidental Intended Feature (AIF)
Space bar attempts to make all weapons fire. If all weapons are firing then stop all weapons.

As you can see if you had 3 weapons cycling and 3 not cycling how is the game meant to know if you want to STOP firing or start firing the other weapons.

If you want to request anything then request that they add a Fire All and a Stop All hot-key option so that people can use even more shortcuts! big_smile

Also, demand mouse binding.. big_smile