Topic: Mission bug

Mission bug.

I was having a bug where if I took missions going to Truhold from the ICS ALPHA termninal and was stopping off at Asintec Alpha first to deliver missions that BIG letter A showing mission completion  LOCATION on radar would not show up..

So i ran just asintec missions from ICS Alpha to Asintec Alpha and it showed up just fine.

THen I chose one Truhold mission + Asintec missions and delivered and it worked fine.

But then I choose another Truhold mission + Asintec alpha and everytime it will not show the mission delivery point for Asintec Alpha

If you GO to ICS alpha and choose the Truhold mission called Belevdere #2.. Corp is Contractor:

Geysier-Kronwerk

Your task is nothing more than to deliver the packages you've been given. It's not always as easy as it sounds - the total volume of the package can exceed a regular robot's cargo, forcing you to do several turns with your robot. Also, on a long trip you might want to opt for military assistance to reach your destination safely.

This above mission seems to interfer with the Mission location data on the Asintec Alpha radar map..(Daoden)

I can reproduce this all day long as I do mass transport missions.

Also with NO OTHER multiple pick and delivery situations in the 3 ALPHA transport areas does this happen.

And yes I relogged multiple times.

This seemed to only start yesterday but I was off mining for 3 days so it could have started sooner..

Anybody else having this issue..

2 (edited by Arga 2011-05-25 20:16:01)

Re: Mission bug

While on the terrain, open your assignments window. You can select the 'active' assignment, which will then correctly display the destination on your radar.

Edit: The Sequar, which is an Assault cargo robot, can carry all (8) level 1 assignment packages from any single outpost. You need to upgrade to this if you are going to run transport missions in volume.

3 (edited by Alexander 2011-05-25 20:52:20)

Arga wrote:

While on the terrain, open your assignments window. You can select the 'active' assignment, which will then correctly display the destination on your radar.

Edit: The Sequar, which is an Assault cargo robot, can carry all (8) level 1 assignment packages from any single outpost. You need to upgrade to this if you are going to run transport missions in volume.

I said this in Help but was apparently wrong as he's managed to get multiple assignment markets to be displayed on his radar at once, apparently.

But as Arga said make sure you're selecting the correct assignment else you will not see the markets on the radar or landmark list.

I run multiple mission destinations everytime i pick up missions.

This one is the ONLY one that does now allow for the target mission point to show up..

This includes all 1 2 3 4 level missions that and do.  I have multiple missions due on the same map getting from level 3 to 4 and both missions show up being due at outposts that are opposite sides of the map from each other.

So i think there is something going on.

5 (edited by Alexander 2011-05-26 01:58:02)

Could you provide a screenshot with your assignment window open while on the terrain showing the assignment is active but the marker is now showing.
That would clear up a lot of confusion.

If Alex and I are both confused, then the devs are likely to be also. A screen shot would be most helpful.

Alexander wrote:
Arga wrote:

I said this in Help but was apparently wrong as he's managed to get multiple assignment markets to be displayed on his radar at once, apparently.

But as Arga said make sure you're selecting the correct assignment else you will not see the markets on the radar or landmark list.

Its not possible to get multiple Level 1 missions to show on the radar, as the destinations are the main outpost, and the radar only shows the Island you are on. And it is level 1 missions he is describing the error on.

It suppose you can have multiple level 2 missions show on the radar, but level 1's are always on a different Island, while level 2's are always on the same Island.

Level 3 missions, not including the one to beta, have a destination at 2 of the 3 outposts, and yes they should show on different sides of the radar. Level 4 is to a different Island, so will not show on the radar until you are on that Island.

If he's running level 4 missions, he should know this. Either we have a communication issue or we are getting trolled.

Its evident you are not getting what im talking about.  I am not saying the level 1 missions have multiple delivery points on ONE map.

I am saying I have 4 Missions going to asintec and 2 missions going to Truholm.

All SIX of these missions are picked up at ICS ALPHA.

NOW... read close..  IF i take all six missions and then go to ICS ASINTEC to deliver.. the place I have 4 missions that are supposed to be deliverd and 2 more then go from on to TRUHOLM .. THE delivery  of the  MISSION icon WILL NOT SHOW UP ON THE ASINTEC MAP... the letter A in a big red cirlce does not show up at the terminal saying that I have 4 missions that are due there.

THESE are all level one mission so it should always show if I have a delivery on a map by the big A in red circle symbol.

Now i found out after doing some expermintation.. THAT one of the two MISSIONS going from  ICS ALPHA  to TRUHOLM was causing the DELIVERY point in asintec NOT TO SHOW UP..  I listed that mission in the first post..

I found if I took the OTHER TRUHOLM mission from ICS ALPHA with the FOUR missions going to asintec and the big RED LETTER  A in a circle showed up just fine.

I did the same run again with the OTHER mission going to TRUHOLM and four missions going to ASINTEC  and when in daoden asintec it does NOT SHOW  the A and red circle.

IF you still cant understand this then give me your teamspeak and ILL BE GLAD to help you get it.

I wasn't able to duplicate this.

After arriving at the teleport on Asintec, with the 'assignments' window open, the "A" showed correctly. Selecting either "Postbote"/File #3 or "Belveder" / File #2 in the assignments window (the (2) 28,000 NIC TBA assignments) the "A" correctly disapperaed.

Selecting each of the (4) Asintec desination files caused the "A" to reapear as expected.

10 (edited by Alexander 2011-05-27 10:12:06)

If you take 4 assignments to asintec and then 2 assignments to truhold your ACTIVE assignment will be to go to truhold. (Last accepted assignment OR random client bug deciding to randomly make one active)

As Arga and I have said, you need to open the assignment window and select one of the assignments to go to Asintec to see the Asintec drop off point.

You can only have one assignment displayed at a time. 4 assignments going to the same place and 2 going somewhere else gives you a 1:3 chance of it going to the wrong place.

Phew.

Arga wrote:

Answer was in 2nd post its not a bug and you should be aware that only the last assignment or the first assignment selected is the "active" one when you leave the Alpha terminal. Once deploied if you don't have the assignments window open... Go to the top right corner and hit the far right button for drop down and open your assignment window... next use the drop down on it to select the mission you want active..... BOOM your BIG RED LETTER moves to where the delivery station of the selected mission is. As Arga/Alex stated the BIG RED LETTER won't show up on an island your not currently on cause the radar is only for the island your on.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum