Topic: A few noob questions

Sorry for the references to Eve in the post, I'm just an old eve player attempting to adjust.

1. Look at function

Is there an existing look at function within the game, and if not are there any plans to implement one? In eve you can right click on a target and hit "look at" and it zooms in on the target. This would be particularly useful in a game where you can actually move around on your own and hide behind crap. Especially for laser users a mile away, I can't see what my target is doing half the time.

2. ERP plates vs. resistances

I understand ERP plates take a percentage of damage given from a particular type (chem, thermal, etc) and gives it to your accumulator. Is that amount based on the damage truly taken (after resistances), or before resistances.

3. General firing extension vs. launchers

Although the description seems to clearly state the opposite, some seem to think general firing effects launch rate for launchers. General fire does NOT effect launch rate, correct?

4. Demobs vs. mitigated damage

Eve's tracking system designates that web'd targets move slower, therefore they take more damage. I wanted to verify that there is no reason in PO for demob'd targets receive more damage, either from tracking, sig radius, damage bonuses, or for any other effect. I've heard conflicting opinions on this.

5. EW vs. LOS

Right now I'm under the impression that hiding behind a tree has no effect at all on my ECM or demobs. I wanted to verify that there is no loss of effect at all from LOS regarding EW.

Thanks for looking, and I love the direction of the game so far. In this noobs opinion the game is going in the right direction overall, we just need more targets!

2 (edited by Grim Faust 2011-05-20 22:31:29)

Re: A few noob questions

1. No and not sure I ever heard anyone request it.

2. It would be the amount after resistances as it's effectively based off the damage you take that you would see as per your combat log.

3. Correct, only turrets.

4. There's no transversal velocity modifiers in PO. Demobs just ensure someone can't run.

5. You do not need LOS for EW such as ECM and demobs. ( It also has no negative effects to use them on someone out of LOS )

Thanks grim, that takes care of it

1. your "look at" funktion was requested as "target view" by me some time ago.
2. as Grim said
3. Turrets got two cycle time extension, missles got their own two
4. Something similar to the eve system is not possible because theres not collision between bots.
5. demob, supressor, ECM and target painting are the last remaining non-LoS modules

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear