Topic: Control points that give rewards for capturing.

A lot of us in the previous tournament discussed the idea of control points that when taken give a reward. This reward can be in epitron/briochit/modules. These points would be on beta and would go active at certain times. During these times they could be captured.

You add an additional feature that they be mined/decoded to add a "defense" nature to these control points. Thus people that seek them out have to stay at the points for more then 1 minute, say 10 minutes.

It would encourage more risk/reward pvp provided the incentive is enough ( Refer to darkfall where they did this, but it was just awful loot in exchange ).

I am trying this idea out now:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/27320/#p27320

Re: Control points that give rewards for capturing.

Something similar to mines, etc from shadowbane is what i would envision.

They would be vulnerable for 1 hour every 24 hours, each day it would move up an hour, and there would be multiples of these.

Hi, I'm Loyalist and I endorse this suggestion.

+1

Seems like a fun idea

+1

Great idea!

This would be a nice thing for smaller corps to do before they take an outpost as practise. Roaming squads could take these points, fight/kite attackers and leave with some loot.

Maybe they could modify the artifact mechanic slightly, where you hunt down a Control Point - I, II, or III (beta only) but when the container spawns, you can't open it for X amount of time; container has 2-3-4,000 m display on landmark window? Once timer expires, anyone can loot it.

Maybe it randomly spawns some NPC's as you wait, just to keep you on your toes in case no pvp shows up.

+1

I think it needs to be something that takes a short time to capture, so you're not sitting around waiting too long.

Anyway I support this idea, if it can be made to encourage small squad pvp. I like the timing Glimpse suggested for them being vulnerable for 1 hour every 22 hours.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

bump

11 (edited by Snowstyle 2011-05-27 20:06:12)

Campana wrote:

I think it needs to be something that takes a short time to capture, so you're not sitting around waiting too long.

I disagree, the longer it takes to capture the more potential for PvP. It obviously shouldn't take 24hrs but it shouldn't be 2 minutes either.

Edit: Also whatever the reward is it should take up a lot of cargo space(like raw resources), so you need logistics as well to get the goodies home.

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

Variety comes to mind. I'm thinking neutral drilling platform that mines epitron about as fast as a riveler or two. When you capture (takes a very short period of time), it begins dumping epitron into a field container located inside it at a steady rate. Drilling platform status can be viewed anywhere on nia via a window similar to the intrusion window. After the platform mines out the deposit, it goes offline for, say, 48 hours while the deposit replenishes itself.

+1 great idea!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't