Topic: No target locked; error when using Chassis Scanner

Many combat missions require you to go to a point and Chassis scan multiple NPC's in order to complete.  However, many times I try to activate the Chassis Scanner, I get an error "No target locked".  This occurs when I'm in the process of locking a second, third or fourth target even though my first and PRIMARY target is locked.

To reproduce:
1)Lock a target
2)Begin locking another target
3)While you are locking a secondary target, attempt to use the Chassis Scanner on the Primary target.

Re: No target locked; error when using Chassis Scanner

This isn't a bug actually, though the error message might be a bit misleading.

This happens because chassis scanners do not need a primary target, they work on secondary targets too. When you start to lock a secondary target, that is the one which will be the selected one, even if the locking is still in progress. So you're basically trying to use the chassis scanner on an incomplete lock, hence the error. Try selecting the primary target (or any other completed locks) in this case.

3 (edited by Arga 2011-05-12 19:50:12)

zoom got it

btw, you dont need to scan different npcs... you can just rescan the same as often as you need to accomplish the mission...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

TY Zoom.  That probably explains the randomness of reproducing it.

Annihilator wrote:

btw, you dont need to scan different npcs... you can just rescan the same as often as you need to accomplish the mission...

Yes, I typically do that although sometimes there are too many aggro'd that I need to start killing them before I lose yet ANOTHER bot. big_smile