Topic: Perpetuum on Linux

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Linux/Codeweavers installation?

I'm running Red Hat 5 Enterprise and I keep getting a few errors:

"Perpetuum requires 2.0 vertex shaders for optimal performance. Do you want to continue?"

I select "Yes"

then I get "Perpetuum requires 2.0 pixel shaders for optimal performance. Do you want to continue"

I select "Yes"

then I get "Error while initializing DirectX!"

I click continue and it crashes.  I do have an older NVidia GeForce 7300 in my linux box, but according to the NVidia website this card does support 2.0 shaders.  Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Perpetuum on Linux

Kynes wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Linux/Codeweavers installation?

I'm running Red Hat 5 Enterprise and I keep getting a few errors:

"Perpetuum requires 2.0 vertex shaders for optimal performance. Do you want to continue?"

I select "Yes"

then I get "Perpetuum requires 2.0 pixel shaders for optimal performance. Do you want to continue"

I select "Yes"

then I get "Error while initializing DirectX!"

I click continue and it crashes.  I do have an older NVidia GeForce 7300 in my linux box, but according to the NVidia website this card does support 2.0 shaders.  Anyone have any ideas?

FAQ says it's supports shader model 3

which is backwards compatible.. you're probably missing dependencies like their propreitary binary only nvida drivers

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Yes you should probably check out your drivers, go to nvidia website download directly from there, don't recommend the one from the repositories.

I tried codeweavers trial in ubuntu 10.10 after having tried latest wine which is basically what code weavers use anyway. On both cases everything worked except scanning crashed client so a gave up on it also couldn't manage to open multiple clients, its a shame as a think the client is smoother and brightness was higher than on windows 7.

RIP PERPETUUM

I'm pretty sure I downloaded the driver from NVidia, but I'm sure I did that a long time ago.. my work PC doesn't get reinatlled all that often.. I'll download the latest driver now and sdee if that helps.

Have you tried contacting Codeweavers support? Our code just does a basic standardized cap-check, so it might be their end or your end.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Fixed!  I downloaded and installed the latest driver from NVidia.  I'm not sure what was wrong though.. I know I was using an older driver and not the standard one that comes with Red Hat.. maybe something got corrupted or maybe somehting wasn't supported in the older driver version?  I dunno.. It is working now though, thanks guys!