Topic: Mining: new ways to keep attention,

Hello everyone,

I have only been playing Perpetuum for 2 weeks and this game has potential. Now I am not new to MMORPG, have spent the last 5 years playing Eve Online, and various other throughout the years. From personnel experience I know how boring and repetitive.

So what I would like from this thread is new ideas for the devs of ways to mine other than sitting in one spot watching a laser fire at the ground. While I was playing an online mining flash game the thought occurred to me how cool and what would it take to use actual cutting heads to drill into the ground to extract ore and liquids.

Any other thoughts or comments let us come up with something new to further push Perpetuum into next year.  :D

Re: Mining: new ways to keep attention,

why don't add some mini-game? tetris will be good. says, with perpetuum theme, kinda "perpetris"

Have a productive day, Runner

the two week old miners always come up with those minigame ideas.

ask an older miner about how much time he has to do anything else then switching targets, unstacking into fieldcontainer, driving hauler alt, keeping eye on landmarklist for incoming roaming npcs/player...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

lol.. exactly right Annih.

Hattkan,

Med lasers have a base cycle time of 10s and with extensions/modules they can be reduced down to under 7s * 5 lasers empties the Alpha tiles very fast and fills up your cargo quickly.

I did the 'mining distance/sequar' post yesterday, and then went out and mined last night, and I didn't take into account the teleport delays and the disconnected (lol). But yeah, I was switching between screens trying to drive and relock tiles so much that there's no time for mini-games.

Have solitare in a second window until you can drive a riveler smile

also you can read a book, or watch tv, or even wash some dish - your wife will be happy

Have a productive day, Runner

Line wrote:

also you can read a book, or watch tv, or even wash some dish - your wife will be happy

agree