Topic: Mining mission failure due to no minerals at mission location

Took a mining mission, purchased the charges, scanning and mining to do the mission and was unable to complete the mission due to the required ore having been completely mined from the mission zone.

Certain types of missions need to be instanced or at least spawn at the time the mission is taken. To fail a mission due to no fault of the player is not good.

Re: Mining mission failure due to no minerals at mission location

Mining missions should give you a "Suggested" location but if none available you can mine the mineral anywhere. Mining assignments should not be "We have to make the player walk for 5 minutes first because it's a level 4" and more that more minerals are required and rarer minerals are required.

The Game

Re: Mining mission failure due to no minerals at mission location

I took a mining mission after i re-rolled to boost my rep back up. The mission said I would mine Sterm or hdt (not sure), but after moving to 4 waypoints at the 5th it said to mine Titan!!@*%&#. So I took my bot back to base and swapped charges then went back and completed the mission. Always check the mission box where it says what to do. It could be that the mission requirement got mixed up when they patched. Normally the "suggested area" has enough light green/yellow tiles to complete the mission. Also the area was completely void of the original (mission) mineral that I was to mine.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum