1 (edited by Arga 2011-05-05 00:11:27)

Topic: Indy Changes, all in one place

So, from the patch notes here are the things indy players are probably most intersted in;

Fix: Newly spawned NPCs did not notice stationary players. They've been sent to a spatial perception crash course.

This is more a solo player thing, but many are indy players so... The reason this is important is artifact hunting. Be very aware now that your going to have to skee-daddle quickly now if you don't plan on fighting the NPC guards.

Change: Reduced the accumulator usage of miners and harvesters.
Change: Increased the number of maximum locked targets of all Mk2 robots by 2.

Less AP is going to make it easier for newer miners to get accumulator stable, which is good news. This will also allow miners to put a little more EP into improving yeild and cycle time changes shouldn't kill your build anymore. Along with this, using that MK-II just got a little more exciting as you can now put a laser on it's own tile, and either pre-lock the next tile or some pesky player.

Industry
----
Change: Increased mining yield of 1 cycle for every raw material by 50% (plants are also affected).
Change: Lowered raw material regeneration rates (plants are not affected).
----
Change: Removed titan ore from all beta islands and increased titan field values on alpha islands to compensate. Note: only the regeneration of titan ore was stopped, current minerals will stay in the ground until they are all fully mined out.
Change: Considerably reduced mineral components of fragments.
Change: Changed the raw material requirements of Hydrobenol.
Fix: The factory accepted unpacked robots as components for manufacturing, which could create various issues.
Fix: Kernel research increase values are now more precise.

A lot has been said about this already. The confirmation is here that we will be seeing Red fields of titan now on Alpha; Yea!
Flip side, farming for fragments just got less exciting, sorry combat people.
Did raw mats go up or down for Hydrobenol, it doesn't specify?

Edit: Patch notes updated to reflect plant regeneration rate was not effected this time, just the minerals

Re: Indy Changes, all in one place

Didn't see the accumulator usage coming.  Can I return the three T4 rechargers I bought not even 24 hours ago?

All seem very positive changes, I am really surprised by the accumulator usage being decrease I really like that change smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Ral wrote:

Didn't see the accumulator usage coming.  Can I return the three T4 rechargers I bought not even 24 hours ago?

Keep them and increase your cycle time I am sure you won't regret it.

RIP PERPETUUM

You are not good for my Riveler EP fund

The AP change is ... well, I'm not sure. Its really nice for miners, no doubt there. What I'm curious about is the impact its going to have on miner/healers. Part of the 'thing' with miners was the increased AP needed for stable acc also made them good for repping. This hasn't changed that part of it, but it has made a decision for those players. Do they use those EP to directly improve yeild, or continue to spend EP to improve combat support?

It says miners and harvesters, not reppers.  Reppers will use the same accumulator.

perhaps they will finally use it to increase their own surviveablilty and use the free'd legslots for self repair/armor ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.  Depends how much the accumulator need is lessened.  I can think of all sorts of things to do with some leg slots.

I skimped on AP EP and used (3) rechargers, this is going to free up one or more leg slots smile

more: now you can fit something that loads your accumulator if someone shoots at you.

pair it up with efficient repair and you can mine between npcs big_smile

i really hope it will work out (HP/s + AP/s vs. damage/s)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

12 (edited by Celebro 2011-05-04 19:27:38)

I wonder if combat assaults can have any use for mining now taking in account accumulator usage and increase accumulator, with 5 med slots not sure if it fits never tried before patch anyways.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ral, right. I'm just saying that miners can skip putting EP into Accum expanding extension, which does improve remote repping, and stick with rechargers; its optional now, which means some miners may not do it and it will make them less effective reppers.

Annih.. oh yeah smile Much better than trying to sheild tank in npc's which sucks AP instead of returning it. And if your in the mk-ii you can npc farm while your mining )

15 (edited by Annihilator 2011-05-04 19:37:38)

dont get your hopes to high - mining was hardly capstable with maxed efficient mining and some cycle time extensions.

if they lowered the base accumulator costs per cycle, it only means that you dont need to fit your riveler with 2 t4 recharger + 2 t4 med accumulator just to keep it stable... if you have raised your adv. robotics to 10 and cycle extension to 5

funny thing will be - blowing up a riveler with accumulator at its peak (50%) will be dangerous for small bot-roaming groups on short-range-high-damage ammo

Riveler hit surface 11 is 20M +110m falloff. If the friendly reppers are too close in a group, a suicide bot is going to start a huge chain reaction; IE. Mech closes to short range, blows riverler and dies, then both of thier AOE damage will hit everything within roughly 120-130 M.

Man my logistics is easier now!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4

So, does that extra 2 locks make it worth Indy 10 for the Riv mk-II?

Don't forget to buy your laird MK-II's, now on the market for only 2.2M and harvest those plants faster with extra locks!!

What exactly does "Fix: Kernel research increase values are now more precise." mean?

Does this have something to do with rounding and the research extension?

Well I still need all three T4 rechargers.  But it does leave some more wiggle room.

TIMERS ON FIELD CONTAINERS?!?!?!  Did anyone else see that?!

Arga wrote:

Ral, right. I'm just saying that miners can skip putting EP into Accum expanding extension, which does improve remote repping, and stick with rechargers; its optional now, which means some miners may not do it and it will make them less effective reppers.

How does putting less EP into accumulater expansion help remote reppers?

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

Arga wrote:

What exactly does "Fix: Kernel research increase values are now more precise." mean?

Does this have something to do with rounding and the research extension?

Previously every kernel research increase ended in .00%. Now you'll get non-integer values too.

Snowstyle wrote:

How does putting less EP into accumulater expansion help remote reppers?

It makes sense in the thread with Ral's side of the conversation.

Arga wrote:

This hasn't changed that part of it, but it has made a decision for those players. Do they use those EP to directly improve yeild, or continue to spend EP to improve combat support?

Ral wrote:

It says miners and harvesters, not reppers.  Reppers will use the same accumulator.

Arga wrote:

Ral, right. I'm just saying that miners can skip putting EP into Accum expanding extension, which does improve remote repping, and stick with rechargers

And by skipping those EP, they won't be as good with the repper.

But Ral points out later that the actual amount of AP useage reduction for the mining/harvesting modules doesn't eliminate the need to put EP into acc expansion since it seems he still has to use the rechargers to stay stable.

Yeah for my specific setup.  I am in a Termis but I do have most of the broad Intensive skills to 4 or 5.  I saw my miners go from 75 AP a cycle to 67.50 AP per cycle.  When I removed one T4 recharger I was just under being cap-stable.  I think I cycle somewhere in the high 7 seconds.

If you didn't level Intensive at all you might be able to free up a leg slot now.  Or if you are in a Riveler.  I haven't run all the numbers, but my point is the change isn't "now you can run miners all day long with no planning".  It's just a nice boost to add some flexibility.  I could probably use T3 rechargers, or an expander in place of one of them, etc.

*note all these numbers are off the top of my head and could be completely wrong*