Topic: Did the developers know what EMACS really is?

Heheh just a question, but did you guys make the name "EMACS" as a pun?

You know that's a favorite text editor by some software designers ( ie those that don't use cryptic VI editors ... sad )

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

Re: Did the developers know what EMACS really is?

Cool.

big_smile big_smile big_smile

VIIIIIII

aeh

i mean

Weeeeeeee!

We cannot confirm or deny the fact that this was not intended to be an intentional unintended pun.

The abbreviation is in fact a reference to little known Mexican physicist Emilio Alejandro Coao-Sanchez, who made remarkable discoveries in the field of particle acceleration in an uncontained space, but was largely forgotten by the scientific community when his whitepaper revealed that said acceleration required large vertical distances and often ended with rapid stops, as well as atomic collision.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

6 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-05-04 19:47:38)

DEV Gargaj wrote:

The abbreviation is in fact a reference to little known Mexican physicist Emilio Alejandro Coao-Sanchez, who made remarkable discoveries in the field of particle acceleration in an uncontained space, but was largely forgotten by the scientific community when his whitepaper revealed that said acceleration required large vertical distances and often ended with rapid stops, as well as atomic collision.

Oh Gargaj...I just got done talking to my friend google...and he said you be trollin dawg.

+10 CoolPoints™

7 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-04 20:04:32)

The real thing is, you guys use VI and well everyone knows that like to use VI you have to be really hardcore.

Those EMACS kids today have it easy.

my boss gets angry when I tell him EMACS >> VI

Mara Kaid wrote:

The real thing is, you guys use VI and well everyone knows that like to use VI you have to be really hardcore.

Those EMACS kids today have it easy.

my boss gets angry when I tell him EMACS >> VI

That leaves me in ambiguity concerning which one do you prefer.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Meh, Pine FTW

tongue