1 (edited by Gremrod 2011-04-16 04:46:01)

Topic: Dear J & J

Need advice for fits, how to make NIC, where to farm, how much ore it takes to build a heavy mech, etc?

Ask Jelan and Jita.

First questions post go to Jita, second post goes to Jelan

Post your question!

We will read at least 2 on the next Incoming Transmission Podcast.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Dear J & J

if you ask me, how to get heavy mech, i just say: Dunno, it just appears in corp hangar and i grab it durr durr hurrr

How should I fit my Waspish?

Shaedys wrote:

Stupid question. I hate people asking that and always did in eve. You fit every bot to the gang and situation.

BankOfEngland wrote:
Shaedys wrote:

Stupid question. I hate people asking that and always did in eve. You fit every bot to the gang and situation.

Irony inside irony, really smart..... oh, wait

I hate stationhuggers and arkhebears.
M2S - Considerably more braincells than Trantor.

Spam

PVP experience is probably the most important element in the combat equation, how should newer corps (assumed with limited resources) get their people trained up?

Side note: Going to the 62nd's light combat tournament is a great starter, but the question is more about intensive repeated trainings methods.

Arga wrote:

PVP experience is probably the most important element in the combat equation, how should newer corps (assumed with limited resources) get their people trained up?

Side note: Going to the 62nd's light combat tournament is a great starter, but the question is more about intensive repeated trainings methods.

Jita and Jelan, want to pm me your answer to this question? smile

Arga wrote:

I disagree. While the 1on1 tournament is probably fun for the people into the arena stuff, it doesn't really do anything to provide PvP experience except making people a little aware of terrain.

Newer corps would actually benefit training their people on NPC spawns first, calling primaries, secondaries and getting everyone into the groove of things. Seeing how supression, ECM, demob works and trying it out is also best tried on mobs first. Remember, it is ONE thing to train a single person up; its an entirely different, harder and longer process to train up an entire squad of people to act as one.

The only thing harder and longer then that is training a squad leader up, because to train one it requires a lot of wipes of the group as a whole. That in itself is a big investment for new corps.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Arga wrote:

Really the best way is to die a lot. Preferably against people who know what they are doing. One important thing to do is use fraps. Watching back your own pvp helps as does watching other peoples. Watch a lot of pvp video's and pay attention to what they are doing.

I used to be really really bad at pvp to the point where people from HUN were shouting at me for dying all the time but with practice I got better and have seen my survivability increase. I'm by no means amazing at it and still ofc have things to learn. Its the same with FCing, the only real way to learn is to do it repeatedly.

The Darmahol intrusion was a good example, i'd not done a mass pvp event with mechs before and just didn't understand what I was gonna come up against. We came with the true definition of a zerg. No set range, no set speed, just with whatever people had. We fought a gang that was cohesive and got beat pretty badly in the process. I learned from that and hadn't lost an intrusion I fc'd since until we recently went for Abbuthilia. I made some mistakes and we got beat but again I learned something important from it.

If your needing to be cost effective then stick to ewar or ***'s. Speed is THE most important factor in roaming pvp. t4 frames and speed nexus are fairly mandatory. Your going to lose and lose regularly, theres nobody in the game who doesn't so plan for it and build an effective corp model to make it work.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I just realised you wont know what a *** is.

Yagel with:

4 t2 lasers, 1 t2 amp, 1 t4 frame. Always have volcano and multi.

does 95 which with nexus is over a hundred and even a small group of them does decent stuff, especially with an rr ewar.

See: http://www.youtube.com/user/Geredan89#p/u/5/pTYWfeR8fow

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Thanks Jita.

I answered you via PM Grem as you asked, some people cant follow simple instructions jeesh, no wonder i'm the anchor for this bit of the podcast! wink

Also keep me out of your podcasts, I'm just a dude in a Corp, nobody cares

Fourfingers Frankie wrote:

Also keep me out of your podcasts, I'm just a dude in a Corp, nobody cares

Surely Deptuy CEO of RG would have the ears of many people, i think you underestimate your importance to Perpetuum Jita wink

15 (edited by Arga 2011-04-17 05:16:10)

Syndic wrote:
Arga wrote:

I disagree.

I think you agree, come on, you know you want to! smile

Jelan wrote:

I answered you via PM Grem as you asked, some people cant follow simple instructions jeesh, no wonder i'm the anchor for this bit of the podcast! wink

Got it. Thanks m8!

Well although Jita isnt man enough to answer questions, i'm still happy to share my vast knowledge (opinions) on anything perpetuum related so fire away noobs! wink

Thanks J&J they were both great answers.

I totally blame the question on why it didn't get trolled. Next time I'll give you some better material to work with.

Anyway, you both just totally saved my internet relationship with my robotz!  smile

I like how jelan said most of all have fun. That was really good. It's all about that.

I'm pretty sure Aunty Jelan will be most happy to also help with broken relationships, dealing with awkward bot on bot situations and other general life type problems...:D

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

Kalsius Dakalsai wrote:

I'm pretty sure Aunty Jelan will be most happy to also help with broken relationships, dealing with awkward bot on bot situations and other general life type problems...:D

I am available for all of the above and after dinner speeches, discount for RG members some of whom need social skill training *coughjitacough*