Topic: Plants after patch 6-4-2011

I like what they have done with plants during the patch. The grow rate is increased, so you get some plants with more cycles in it, if you just wait long enough.

Why this post then?

I [don't like it for the norgalis plants. With this patch they cut down on the cycles of any norgalis plant by 50% or more. And with norgalis you just dont have the luxury to wait another day.

Before the patch you could (if you were very lucky) get 10 harvests from 1 incubator. Each harvest you could get 24 cycles. So thats 240 cycles of norgalis. For this you needed to visit your incubator 3 to 4 times a day, during 4 days or more. If you visited less often you would get less harvests, and they would be 26 or 27 in number.

After the patch you get only 9 plants, or less, i've got numbers per growth as low as a 3 cycles increase. So if you are very lucky i estimate you get around 75 cycles out of 1 norgalis incubator after the patch.

Ok i know that alpha dwelllers are supposed to "have the lesser growth rate on everything because they don't have to worry about enemy players", but in this case this isn't true. I have to worry, because anybody can havest the norgalis i planted (and i can't protect then either because i don't have pvp option to put a guard bot on my plant even if i had the time to 24-7 guard the incubator)

To be honest i don't have a sollution, but i do know that this patch doesn't work for norgalis, so please rethink how this patch works for norgalis and change it.

Re: Plants after patch 6-4-2011

You have to hide it a lot better now which on the alpha island is very very hard to do but not impossible.. I stood with a light robot in the middle of a perfect planting location and didn't see a soul for a good 6 hours to 8 hours.

But you're correct in saying that the average yield is now greatly reduced. On beta when they would grow to 50 units at a time I was about to get around 12k Noralgis per 50 cycles. One plant was enough to produce T4 fittings for one heavy mech or at least a mech. The way I see it the devs are trying to make T4 rare as it looks like there won't be much improvement on T4 gear. They should probably have looked at cutting the supply rather than the research and it looks like that's what they've final done.

The idea is to make it hard to produce or at least more time consuming. When the Norgalis plants were growing incorrectly (Growing far too fast) I was able to plant 3 small fields and harvest them every 8 hours for a week. This alone gave me, just for myself, enough Noraglis to produce T4 gear for the coming months if not more. If I was producing for a large corporation it would last a lot less but I'd also be able to gather a purchase a lot more.

The new yields mean it's possible to get around 20 units every few hours per plant but the plants mature a lot faster (It seems to anyway). In the end I am getting slightly less yield (As I can't visit every few hours like clockwork) but in some cases the plants now have more cycles in. I've lost a lot of yield but I am still able to gather much more than I need.

The Game

I suggest buying the Larid MK II with additional units per cycle based on Industry extension...

* This message brought to you by Pioneer Industries, your leading supplier of Laird MK II's *

Possibility of putting a PVP flag on anyone harvesting a Noralgis on Alpha? That would make it very intresting wouldn't "solve" your grow time problem. To bad its not like another mmo where if you stole from someones stuff you became flagged to them for a short period of time.