1 (edited by _Starman_ 2011-04-07 11:46:55)

Topic: Is it possible to change my email adress ?

Hey there,

I hope it's ok to post this here, but the other forums also don't fit better .

I have a problem, and would like to change the email adress of my account, but cannot find an option for that.

Unfortunately I was so dumb using my "private" email adress for registering my second account, with the result that I now finally receive spam mail, while I was able to keep it spamfree for many many years. This really angers me, to be honest.

So, since you use the mail adresses for account identification, I doubt it's possible to have two account running over one adress, so I will have to create a new one. But can this be changed, by the support (if I get an answer that is), or some other place ?

Thanks for the help in advance smile

Cheers
Starman

2 (edited by Crepitus 2011-04-07 12:07:44)

Re: Is it possible to change my email adress ?

I have 3 accounts at 3 different email addresses.  One of those addresses I created specifically to register another account with.

It has been active for nearly a month and I have not received a single spam email.  The main account I registered with is a private address, and my primary email address I use for everything.  It's also not received any spam.

I would wager it's coming from somewhere else.  You should really not blame PO for this.

P.S. I'm guessing the only way to change an address is contact their support email.  They were able to re-send an activation email for my third account which it never received.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I agree, I guess I'm overreacting. But still, PO is the only "public board" I used that mail adress, besides that only very few people even know it.

So, I would really like to change it anyway.

4 (edited by Alexander 2011-04-07 12:13:13)

Email support with the old and new email address and as many factors as you can to prove that the account is yours. If you provide enough evidence it's possible they'll change it but it's not promised.

The Game