Topic: A way to let traders follow item demand.

I think it'd be really great if there was a way for players to anonymously 'demand' items without putting down NIC or a buy order.

For example, in supplying outposts with ammo types they don't have in infinite supply, it'd be great if each player could push a 'I wish they had this for sale here' button at their outpost which could then somehow be seen on the sales interface. In theory this could be done with buy demand orders, but I think most players don't want to have their NIC frozen waiting to buy something that might never arrive anyway.

Maybe it could be like 'Notify me if this object comes into stock at this outpost', and if a lot of players have that notification tag up the traders can know that people want to buy that kind of thing there?

Just, the point is it's hard to know who wants what kind of thing where. The safe bet, as a trader, is to only trade in one of the big terminal outposts. Everybody goes there and knows to look for their market items there.

Let's say someone wants Titan Ore at one of the outposts with a refinery on it. Either they can post a buy order - which might never be filled, freezing their NIC - or they can go and buy the ore at one of the big terminals. But if they could say, hey, I'm interested in trading Titan ore here, it could at least get people to start trading at the outpost too, not just the terminals.

I'm rambling. ^^; Maybe people can discuss this.

Re: A way to let traders follow item demand.

You're talking about 100% escrow.

Syndicate would front the nic in the form of Escrow and once the order is filled it pulls the real nic from your wallet, along with transaction fees etc.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: A way to let traders follow item demand.

Yes Eve has this.
Put up a buy order, but only part of the cost is taken from your wallet. When someone sells to your buy order the rest of the money is taken. If your wallet is not big enough, something nasty happens to you