1 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-03-22 17:33:20)

Topic: Dinobots - can you developers do this?

Hey developers,
   Is it hard to create robot alternative models that look like the dinobots from transformers?
Like take a prometheus, yagel, and castel and give them smaller dinosaur looking frames. Same setup features, it's just graphically different.

Do the same with a tyrannos, kain, and artemis.

http://10fingersdesigns.com/3d/series06/dinobots07.jpg

underneath they have the same fittings/cannons etc.

I think this would be cool!!! I think this would attract people too to the game. smile

Re: Dinobots - can you developers do this?

+1

3 (edited by Annihilator 2011-03-22 17:59:24)

you know the Shiva, which is cat like?

though, its not unlikely to get such shapes. one of the main problems is the weapon and head placement - you have to get a 360° rotateable torso or turret, at best with only slow chance to have a body part intersection (eg. argano back-mount mining laser)

second problem: no robot is allowed to be more then ground-1,5 tiles long/wide because of current kinematic model restrictions. (one of the reasons why the Daidalos heavy hauler is not in yet) It would look silly when walking over a hill or with half robot stuck in walls, buildings.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It would be fun, fun is what keeps people playing yeah?

shiva would be cool. Come on devs this can't be hard or much time? smile

After new islands, do dinorobots

YES! NEW ISLAND NEEDS THESE!

The Game

7 (edited by Annihilator 2011-03-23 18:19:46)

i would prefer Geno_Saurer, Genobreaker over transformer models

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The ability to build different bot colors or body styles, without changing stats, would help the economy by introducing the disire to get a new bot even though the old one wasn't blow'd up.

The MK II's have sort of done this, but since they can only be built with found low mat CT's they aren't really something the average producer can justify making (or afford, omg 25% mats on mechs is crazy amounts).

Mara Kaid wrote:

Hey developers,
   Is it hard to create robot alternative models that look like the dinobots from transformers?

Definitely super hard.

10 (edited by Arga 2011-03-23 19:57:03)

How about custom paint jobs we can put in at production time?

I just mean different colors, not logo's or anything. Like dye packs.