1 (edited by Jangulorr 2011-03-19 15:44:36)

Topic: Window Snapping, Icon Size, Artifact Annoyance + Missions Idea

As most players in Perpetuum have played EvE and some currently continue to do so, I have been bothered by a couple things that I miss from it.

1. )  Window Snapping should be implemented.  When I have my window x distance from the edge of the screen or other windows, it should snap to a preset distance from the border of the UI.  I personally prefer my screen to be 'balanced' and extremely clean looking.  This would help me and others achieve that and simplify window dragging as another benefit. 

2. )  The icon sizes are atrociously large.  How big of a box should it be in order to see 3 items?  ick!  Imho they should be 1/2 that size or close to it.  Give us the option to set the size of icons so us people that CAN see well can take advantage of seeing more at one time. 

3. )  You see, when I am 'Artifact Hunting' and I scan a location where I am 1000m from the Artifact, then I move East 20m and somehow end up +500m from the Artifact ... not only is that impossible (unless using a wormhole), but kind of dumb.  I try south from that location and end up +20m ... check all around and end up going SE towards the Artifact.  Thats just a difference of around 40m from my original scan location and I am -63 in the correct direction. 

I understand that geoscanners, extensions and bots can affect your 'accuracy' ... but lets get the large jumps - or + removed due to absurdity. 

4. )  It would be extremely handy to show a column for the Logistics missions stating where the thing gets delivered.  I dislike being forced to open x windows just to find where my cargo is headed.  Yea, I could write it down or remember it ... however, I feel it should be in game and readily available.

Thats all I got for the moment.  Great job with the game. 

-Jangulorr

Re: Window Snapping, Icon Size, Artifact Annoyance + Missions Idea

Jangulorr wrote:

3. )  You see, when I am 'Artifact Hunting' and I scan a location where I am 1000m from the Artifact, then I move East 20m and somehow end up +500m from the Artifact ... not only is that impossible (unless using a wormhole), but kind of dumb.  I try south from that location and end up +20m ... check all around and end up going SE towards the Artifact.  Thats just a difference of around 40m from my original scan location and I am -63 in the correct direction.

T4 Geo-scanner, Lvl 5 skills, & a Termis will have just over 100% accuracy meaning no incorrect distances will be displayed. The only + or - jumps you'll be getting is from you moving, not the scanner giving in-correct accuracy. It works fine IMO.

Well, I have heard about that setup ... I just dislike the 'wormhole' jump I described.  Guess i'll eat it and get some skills up.  Wish the planner was updated.  Lawls.

-Jangulorr

4 (edited by Gleamwar 2011-03-21 13:50:07)

Argano gets the geoscanner bonus also, if you don't a termis handy.  Bonus based on basic bots in case you don't have alot of points in advanced bots.

Just to clarify the situation, a std geoscanner has a 60% accuracy. If you have no skil and are using a sequar (or other bot without a bonus) then;

Shown Result w/5k or 3k scan : 1000 m
True distance 894m west (for example)
Error: +/- 357 m ( 40% error rate)
Actual Range: 1357- 643m.
Actual Error: 10.6 %

If you move East 100, technically away from the artifact;

Shown Result w/5k or 3k scan : 973 m (+27m)
True distance 994m west
Error: +/- 397 m ( 40% error rate)
Actual Range: 1370- 576.
Actual Error: 2.2%

Something to realize here is that the error range isn't based on the shown value, but based on the actual distance; and the greater the distance the greater the error.

What you can do also, is when the display is less than 1000 m, use the 1k scan, which 'caps' the error in the wrong direction to 1K + your distance modifier. Which also means, put EP into accuracy before you put it into range extension, as it actually hurts your effort to see further.

With lower accuracy it is a given your going to use more charges, so once your within 1k charges, use them liberally.