1 (edited by WarBlade 2011-03-16 04:02:35)

Topic: Mission standings - initial negative standings grind

DEV Mancs wrote:

Good point, it's not intended.
Taking a look at it, will be fixed really soon.
(The part about negative standing grinding with 900 missions)

The bug is still there, instead of training you change to zero. I still have same problem. Rookie assignments are only giving me .02 per assignment (btw my diplomacy is level 5). In conclusion, negative 2.0 with 9 corps that are affiliated with Truhold Markson, will take my 900 assignments just to get back to zero (as in zero relationship standing not level )

Edit: Please name your threads to reflect their content. - DEV Calvin

Re: Mission standings - initial negative standings grind

If you want to fix it. Theres two options, boost the rookie assignments relationship bonus; or change back the way its been for a year, since open beta, and get rid of the rookie assignments or level zero what other name you want to call it.

reading a patchnote, and understanding it are two completely different things, yes?

do lvl1 missions for the faction you have positive ones. They give you now positive standings for all factions.

once you have unlocked your t1 transport missions for that faction you are in negatives atm, you can revert your negative standing in a couple of hours.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

reading a patchnote, and understanding it are two completely different things, yes?

do lvl1 missions for the faction you have positive ones. They give you now positive standings for all factions.

once you have unlocked your t1 transport missions for that faction you are in negatives atm, you can revert your negative standing in a couple of hours.

yeah you are correct I get .04 per relation with Truhold-Markson doing Asintec assignments.
So it will take about 50 assignments per corp. Total 450 assignments. Why did the level 1 relationship bonus get nerf ?  Since extension diplomacy doesn't  give the bonus any more can we get the ep back since its a worthless extension now

WarBlade wrote:

Why did the level 1 relationship bonus get nerf ?  Since extension diplomacy doesn't  give the bonus any more can we get the ep back since its a worthless extension now

Uh? Explain please?

6 (edited by WarBlade 2011-03-17 04:44:42)

DEV Zoom wrote:
WarBlade wrote:

Why did the level 1 relationship bonus get nerf ?  Since extension diplomacy doesn't  give the bonus any more can we get the ep back since its a worthless extension now

Uh? Explain please?

I can explain it better on TS or ventrilo do you have a server pm me. Basically if diplomacy is level 1 or level 10 its the same .04, DIPLOMACY Each level of this extension raises the proportion of relation improvement towards the contractor corporation by an additional 5% by each successfully completed assignment, and the relation will decline by 5% slower if you do harm to the corporation. 

'''Change:''' Level 1 assignments will now give positive standing rewards towards the other two "opposing" factions too.

'''Change:''' Secondary standing rewards for Level 1 assignments have been doubled (meaning towards the other affiliated corporations, not the contractor).

so Diplomacy is worthless. I have WarBlade diplomacy is level zero his assignment turn in +.04 with no negative results War Porter has diplomacy level 7 his assignment turn in is +.04 with no negative results
Both are negative both did same assignments.

7 (edited by WarBlade 2011-03-18 07:38:05)

WarBlade wrote:

Wow just wow you guys really got this all *** up. I use a 15 day trial code after a few assignments I got into level one and diplomacy works fine. I have no idea what you guys have done but if your are negative in any contractor no bonus no nothing but a waste of damn time. This is so frustrating don't worry about a fix I am tired of supporting this game I am done.

Rage!!! Sorry all.

diplomacy lvl7 = 7*0,05 = 0,35

standing reward 0,04 * 1,35 = 0,054

additional to that, theres the standing falloff modificator which is capped.
theres probably in issue with that modificator regarding corp that has negative standing.

i would ask to have a look on that one. after all, it took half a year to fix the diplomatic bonus regarding "reducing negative standing"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

They've only just got head hunting extension working and the information still doesn't display correcting in the assignment window. Diplomacy may be a little buggy. They should add a ASSIGNMENT_BASERELATION_INCREASE to each assignment description and then in the relation logs show the amount increase with the modifier next to it.

As Anni said the closer you get to level 2.0 the less reward you get from level 1 assignments.
Honestly WarBlade. It's your own fault really for letting any faction get to below 0.00. All this over emotional posting and rage-quitting corporations really isn't good for your image. I spent 45 minutes in a sequer this morning getting ready for University and made over 1 million NIC just doing level 1 assignments. They work just fine. Another 2 hours and I'd have level 3 assignments by the look of it. Already got to 1.8 with most corporations. big_smile

The Game

WarBlade wrote:

Wow just wow you guys really got this all *** up. I use a 15 day trial code after a few assignments I got into level one and diplomacy works fine. I have no idea what you guys have done but if your are negative in any contractor no bonus no nothing but a waste of damn time. This is so frustrating don't worry about a fix I am tired of supporting this game I am done.

This is about where I'm at with it.  I've ran transport for a few hours almost every night for the last 6 days on my new guy who got screwed by the last Friday patch. 

I've noticed 0 increase in rep despite increasing diplomacy from 2 ->  4 since the patch, but it doesn't make any difference because i always get .02 or less each time.  I run the circuit between the 3 alpha terminals doing the single lvl 0 "training" mission from each terminal that does this.

My highest corp are 3 of the ICS sub corps at .20 that give the the transport (DFC on top). 

It's getting the point where I log on realize I can't make any progress and just log off or just sit in corp chat since I don't need rep to do that; which is insanely boring and very discouraging to say the least.  I hope this gets fixed soon.

Annihilator wrote:

theres probably in issue with that modificator regarding corp that has negative standing.

What is this? I've never heard of this before, can you explain it please?

12 (edited by Alexander 2011-03-17 18:28:29)

CrepitusAntiPettyPeople wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

What is this? I've never heard of this before, can you explain it please?

I believe it's in the help files. The closer you get to the next tier of assignments the less standings you get. You can't grind from level 1's to level 3's very easily any more.
I believe at 1.85 you will receive no standings increase from a level 1 but can keep grinding them for ammo and money.

The Game

13 (edited by WarBlade 2011-03-18 16:33:03)

Alexander wrote:

Honestly WarBlade. It's your own fault really for letting any faction get to below 0.00. All this over emotional posting and rage-quitting corporations really isn't good for your image. I spent 45 minutes in a sequer this morning getting ready for University and made over 1 million NIC just doing level 1 assignments. They work just fine. Another 2 hours and I'd have level 3 assignments by the look of it. Already got to 1.8 with most corporations. big_smile

You are right Alexander.
I apologize to the Perpetuum Community, Devs and players. This is not the way I wanted my image to be display. I was upset with GG, my ex-corp, going inactive and frustrated. Found a great bunch of guys and a good corp and I do not want this to reflect on them or myself. Thanks Alexander you have been a good in game friend to me. I just had to vent and took it  out on the forums, and for that I am truly sorry.