1 (edited by WarBlade 2011-03-14 21:59:12)

Topic: Rookie Assignment Training BUG !!!!

I switched corps because my old corp was inactive. My old corp, Megacorporation based, was Asintec; my relationship ratio with them was 4 to 5. This was based on the outpost that we owned and what beta island I was on. I am currently in my 24 hour penalty until I can join a new corp. All my other relationships are around negative 2.0 with Truhold Markson and ICS because all I did were Asintec assignments. The corp I plan  on joining is Truhold Markson based so I started doing level one assignments right ? WRONG, few patches ago they decided to change it, (why, idk), where you can't  do level one assignments; you start off with rookie assignments. Rookie assignments are only giving me .02 per assignment (btw my diplomacy is level 5). In conclusion, negative 2.0 with 9 corps that are affiliated with Truhold Markson, will take my 900 assignments just to get back to zero and I still can not do level one assignments because you have to have positive .21 ( I believe)

Please tell me this is not the right formula? Shouldn't Rookie assignments give a bonus relationship ratio to put you in the positive and keep you interested in the game? Not hold you back and want to quit?!

Devs, gm anyone care to comment, thoughts, ideas, or opinions.

Thanks, WarBlade

Re: Rookie Assignment Training BUG !!!!

Like in Eve, join a squad with your new corp mates and you can join in on level 3 missions.

3 (edited by CrepitusAntiPettyPeople 2011-03-14 23:52:50)

WarBlade wrote:

I switched corps because my old corp was inactive. My old corp, Megacorporation based, was Asintec; my relationship ratio with them was 4 to 5. This was based on the outpost that we owned and what beta island I was on. I am currently in my 24 hour penalty until I can join a new corp. All my other relationships are around negative 2.0 with Truhold Markson and ICS because all I did were Asintec assignments. The corp I plan  on joining is Truhold Markson based so I started doing level one assignments right ? WRONG, few patches ago they decided to change it, (why, idk), where you can't  do level one assignments; you start off with rookie assignments. Rookie assignments are only giving me .02 per assignment (btw my diplomacy is level 5). In conclusion, negative 2.0 with 9 corps that are affiliated with Truhold Markson, will take my 900 assignments just to get back to zero and I still can not do level one assignments because you have to have positive .21 ( I believe)

Please tell me this is not the right formula? Shouldn't Rookie assignments give a bonus relationship ratio to put you in the positive and keep you interested in the game? Not hold you back and want to quit?!

Devs, gm anyone care to comment, thoughts, ideas, or opinions.

Thanks, WarBlade

Done in the Friday patch.  Yes it sucks, I've been going back and forth with Dev Zoom and Dev Calvin in 2 different threads for hours.  I hope they change it back to giving people access to lvl 1 assignments and not forcing people to grind "training" for access.

Oh, and FYI for the moment it's considered working as intended.  They are aware and defending this behavior, so did GM Oley when I spoke with him about it yesterday in game when I first noticed since I had started my 3rd account.

At what point will rookie assignments unlock level 1 assignments?
Rookie assignments should give greater standing when below -0.5 to allow people get back to around zero a little faster. It would still take a lot of time but it would be doable. Or join a squad and share standings increase.

The Game

CrepitusAntiPettyPeople wrote:

Done in the Friday patch.  Yes it sucks, I've been going back and forth with Dev Zoom and Dev Calvin in 2 different threads for hours.  I hope they change it back to giving people access to lvl 1 assignments and not forcing people to grind "training" for access.

Oh, and FYI for the moment it's considered working as intended.  They are aware and defending this behavior, so did GM Oley when I spoke with him about it yesterday in game when I first noticed since I had started my 3rd account.

Truely hope that a Dev takes a look at it.
The other way fine, if its not broke why fix it. Not sure who has been making decision to change PREEXISTING game mechanics but they need to stop. Maybe I cancel my 900 accounts (don't have 900 but more than 3 big_smile) and give up on this game.

Good point, it's not intended.
Taking a look at it, will be fixed really soon.
(The part about negative standing grinding with 900 missions)

DEV Mancs wrote:

Thanks maybe there is hope for this game after all.

8 (edited by Mouse Tiger 2011-03-15 18:06:30)

DEV Mancs wrote:

A really strange "fix" you have come up with - increasing standing gain for Lev1 missions

The problem was that people with negative standings can nolonger do Level 1, this latest patch does nothing to help. (assuming the patch notes are accurate and complete)

Mouse Tiger wrote:
DEV Mancs wrote:

A really strange "fix" you have come up with - increasing standing gain for Lev1 missions

The problem was that people with negative standings can nolonger do Level 1, this latest patch does nothing to help. (assuming the patch notes are accurate and complete)

I thought the same thing. Unless they've stealthed in a change to lvel 0 assignments giving more standing when below 0.00.

The Game

think you overread that part: Change: Level 1 assignments will now give positive standing rewards towards the other two "opposing" factions too.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear