Topic: Is there a EP Cap on characters? & Are there Raid Like Mobs?

Hello, im doing some water testing of PO for my guild and was wondering something and had a question to ask for a guild mate:

1) I haven't seen a clear answer on this anywhere but i was wondering, given enough time is a character able to spend all the EP you build up? is there a cap you eventually hit one day and either stop getting EP or just can't spend anymore?

2) Is there anything that fills the need for PvE raiding? I know we have the Random spawns and the Observers that spawn are these basically like the Raid mobs you would have in other games.

Re: Is there a EP Cap on characters? & Are there Raid Like Mobs?

1) no
2) no raids, Observer NPCs are the top farming target atm

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Though observers kernels are worth alot, the kernel info is a t5+ meaning that it gives you info on modules upto Tier 4 with a bigger bonus then the standard T5[5 star, supreme,overlord] kernels give.

Just alittle more info on the worth of the observers i thought would be nice... also i managed to blow up some ssd's iun my main machine last friday and im waiting for the RMA on the cables and ssd's to get back to me lol

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

Artifacts scanning is like reading but the spawns aren't very hard unless they're observers.

The Game

sucks im missing the first few days of the new patch, i can only stay in the terminal on this lowend test system, and my other high end systems are for secure work only >_< so i cant use general net on them booo

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

XyberViri wrote:

Hello, im doing some water testing of PO for my guild and was wondering something and had a question to ask for a guild mate:

1) I haven't seen a clear answer on this anywhere but i was wondering, given enough time is a character able to spend all the EP you build up? is there a cap you eventually hit one day and either stop getting EP or just can't spend anymore?

I believe the intention is that new skills will be added faster than you can learn them, so no player can ever have everything.  This forces one to choose where they want to specialize, as well as letting new players catch up to old ones in certain areas.

yea there is something like 4 years + worth of skills right now, but thats only if i remember it right it is probably alot more.

its completely missing heavy weaponary/equipment extensions that will have a very high complexity and that are probably worth another year of EP.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

its completely missing heavy weaponary/equipment extensions that will have a very high complexity and that are probably worth another year of EP.

True Expert Robotics, Expert Weapon racials, Aoe/Artillery Extensions, Structure/Corp Owned stuff extensions. Plus any other advances in weapons/manufacturing at very high end complexity and low end if new featured stuff is added there too. lots to do and learn in many areas, should be great.

10 (edited by Deliv Erance 2011-03-16 10:09:41)

The closest thing to a cap is that each extension only goes to lvl 10 so once you've hit that in any given skill then you're never going to be able to improve that further. Its similar to how in eve where the long term players can be competed with on certain specialities quickly (for example-frigates), however, the long term players have greater flexability with regards to the ships they can pilot with perfect skills