Topic: Artifact Patch released

Linky first

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2011-03-11

and the in in game help

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Help:Ge … _artifacts

If your too lazy to click

Spotlight features

Artifact scanning

Artifacts are the buried treasure chests of Nia that you can find with your good ol' geoscanners. We are starting out with 5 different artifact types for each of the 3 factions, all with 3 different rarity levels, adding up to 45 different types. This is only the beginning, we intend to add more types in the future.

Please see the ingame help for all the details and howto.

Some important things to note:
Artifacts are individually placed for all Agents. You cannot search for someone else's artifacts, but they will of course become visible to everyone when they are found.
Every zone contains a maximum of 10 artifacts. When you find one, a new one will be created at a random position.
There is no difference between alpha and beta islands regarding artifact loot types, but beta artifacts have a higher chance to drop higher level loot.
Observer spots are what the name implies. You have been warned.

Mk2 robots and new item tiers

Coupled with the artifacts, we are introducing Mk2 robots. These beasts have one additional head and leg slot compared to their regular counterparts, and also come with additional robot bonuses. The only way to obtain them is to find their calibration templates in artifacts, together with the CPU cortexes that are required to build them.

Artifacts also bring two whole tiers of new item variants: "flawed" modules are not the best around, but they are usable and can also be recycled to precious minerals. "Niani" modules are a new tier somewhere between T2 and T3 - they are generally just as good as T3 items, but have somewhat less ideal fitting parameters.

To sum up, a little list of what this patch brings in numbers:
45 artifact types
27 new beginner-level assignments
26 Mk2 robots
120 new module variants

Gameplay
New: It is now possible to use the corporation account when repairing items.
Fix: You cannot transfer NIC to a deleted character anymore.
Fix: You won't get the "in combat" status on NPC aggro anymore, only when it starts attacking you.
Fix: When NPCs run back to their homerange, they won't do this at ridiculous speeds anymore.
Change: Container interaction range increased to 100m.
New: Tiles are now checked for fertility when planting noralgis, so from now on when you plant one you can be sure that it will be on a suitable tile. Note though that the proximity of other plants can still affect them negatively.
New: Added a "Free camera rotate" hotkey assignment. You can use this to rotate the camera independently from your movement direction.

Robots and modules
Change: Terraforming cycle time bonuses changed to demobilizer resistance bonuses (Laird, Gargoyle).

Extensions
New: "Basic geochemistry" now affects artifact scan charges as well.
New: Added the "Artifact scanning" extension, which affects artifact scanning range.

Industry
New: Repair prices are now based on raw material average prices.
Fix: The factory sometimes required slightly more raw minerals that it displayed, due to an inconsistency between server and client calculations.

Corporations
Fix: The corporation storage cancel rent button didn't work.

Assignments
New: Added 9 new repeatable tutorial assignments for all 3 factions.

GUI
New: Item tier levels are now shown on icons and in information windows.
New: Added coordinate tooltip on the world map.
New: Added item information and market information right-click menu options to buy and sell windows (on the item icon and name).
Change: Relevant extensions are now shown separately for every bonus in robot information windows.
Change: Accumulator charge display is now directly controlled by the server. Previously the client itself was continuously calculating recharge as well, which could cause false readings. The downside of this is that it's now updating visually less frequently.
Change: Moved the chat channel list button from the main menu to the chat window.
New: Chat tabs are now "squishy", so you won't miss a new tab anymore when your chat window isn't wide enough.
Fix: Opened equipment window parameters are now properly updating when upgrading an extension.

General
New: CSV file export is now available generally for all chart-type data in the game. Hold the shift key, and look for a floppy icon appearing in the top right of the chart. Press it, and the data will be saved into your Perpetuum game directory.
New: Local settings (keyboard, sound, window positions) are now saved separately from the main datafile (Local.gbf). Useful if you need to reinstall the game but want to keep your settings.

Searching for artifacts

There are not just useful industrial materials but also artifacts under the surface of the Nia. These artifacts can be revealed by using geoscanners, but you need to load special artifact scanner charges. These charges come in three variants, with different scanning ranges.

After you've purchased a bunch of these charges (finding an artifact will need quite a lot of charges) deploy onto the terrain and activate your geoscanner loaded with the new charge. You can then see a list with all the artifacts that are within your scanning range. In case this list is empty, move your robot somewhere else and perform another scan. The position of your scanning is also immediately shown on the terrain by a red marker, so you can use it as a reference for your next scanning.

At first you can only see a distance from the artifact. To determine the location, you should choose a direction, move a few meters and perform another scan. On the new, updated list you can see the distance(s) changed, you are either closer or farther from the artifact. Follow this method over and over again until you get so close to the artifact that it appears on the terrain (this distance is usually 100 meters, can be shorter or larger as well). To help keeping track of the artifact you desire, you can also left-click an artifact on the result list, which will mark it with a yellow color. It is also important to note that the geoscanning accuracy affects these range readings as well, and they might not be accurate below 100% accuracy.

The type of artifacts vary, but it is very important that revealing artifacts is the only way to obtain items of the ancient Niani civilization, or the calibration templates (CTs) of the new, advanced Mk2 robots. Of course there's no guarantee that you always find something useful.

Artifacts on the terrain are seeded for individual Agents, no one else can see the artifact that you are searching for. Some artifacts are protected by tough NPC robots, you should always be prepared to defend yourself.

Good luck, gold digger!

Re: Artifact Patch released

Container interaction changed to 100m ...

The range is much more than expected, probably more than was needed, but should be a very welcome change for miners and harvesters.

I am assuming this new range doesn't apply to loot containers, but if someone could check that in game that would be great (I'll check myself after work if no one else does it).

Artifacts look fun to do!

I'll try it tonight with my guy.

100m can range is awesome for mining.

I love most of this patch however I would have liked to also see:

• Remove NPC kernel buy orders

• Add NPC bounty for each kill, taxable

• Decrease the number of static spawns and increase the number of roaming gangs designed to stay together and work as a team

• Make artifacts findable by everyone. With a maximum of 10 per island at any one time and have 1 respawn every 10 minutes until there are 10 again.

The Game

I dont like this patch.only:free camera.

Alexander wrote:

I love most of this patch however I would have liked to also see:

• .. snip ..

• Make artifacts findable by everyone. With a maximum of 10 per island at any one time and have 1 respawn every 10 minutes until there are 10 again.

Agree to all the snipped items.

I'm not sure about the last one. I like the way it sounds now, as something a solo player can do while waiting for others to log in, or just dedicate a couple play sessions to finding a MK2 CT.

Making them findable by all would change the dynamic. Small groups working together could quickly trianglate artifacts and the solo player would have very little chance of getting something. It would also make new players much less likely to get anything, since they wouldn't have T4 frames and Nav 10.

I think its OK, but I havn't done it yet so maybe your suggestion would work too. There are going to be articfacts that require groups, like the Observer find, or anything in a NPC spawn; unless something like a 110Kph intackt can get in and out without getting hit.

Alexander wrote:

Make artifacts findable by everyone. With a maximum of 10 per island at any one time and have 1 respawn every 10 minutes until there are 10 again.

A 10 min respawn time on artifacts is absurt then 70 people daily will farm them nonstop. ( thay need a Reset timer for longer then 10 min, 24 hours are at the least i whould say.  )
Thats not the moste effective way to go, maybe if a corp only have a few active members and running and looking to expend ther CT storage... No, have some restrain on finding them thay are MK2 items afterall and if it is to Easy there is no fun in playing the game.
we are getting Awsome items, restrict them to the one accualy fighting to find them.

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

8 (edited by Annihilator 2011-03-11 21:35:02)

just waiting for the first one saying "make the mk2 CTS only findable on beta islands"

also, if there are 10 possible artifact spawns per island, its probably a high chance that only one or two of them are something a solo player can hunt after (eg. as solo player you wont go after artifact that spawn NPCs around you on success).

also you can find an artifact container, and it just contains crap - the help already says, you wont find something usefull with every container.

your suggestions would turn artifact scanning into something for elite-no-real-life player and thats exactly the opposite customer group its aiming for.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

just waiting for the first one saying "make the mk2 CTS only findable on beta islands"

also, if there are 10 possible artifact spawns per island, its probably a high chance that only one or two of them are something a solo player can hunt after (eg. as solo player you wont go after artifact that spawn NPCs around you on success)

Should be random find on all islands tbh...

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

but they will of course become visible to everyone when they are found.

So your industrial alt can follow you around and get the artifact after its found, or someone else can follow you around and steal after you do all the work, or someone can be nice and just find it and leave it.

There is no difference between alpha and beta islands regarding artifact loot types, but beta artifacts have a higher chance to drop higher level loot.

I suppose that means beta will be more likely to drop a mech CT, but probably all CT's will be rare, so be prepared for lots of 'crap'.

Russian translation fail.

big_smile big_smile big_smile

as expected - lots of crap results, takes pretty long to search, and the ammo has decent costs.

out of 3 results on alpha, i got two with npc spawn which i killed off with my combat alt. A T4 geoscanner is worth allot for the scanning accuracy and cycle time!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Beta islands are amazing. Observers everywhere. Spawns. The loot is crap but that's to be expected. One can had about 15 million worth of stuff in it and another had probably 100k worth of stuff. Both were level 3's.

Lots more to find and as they're instanced you can find them all day long. Yeha!

The Game

Annihilator wrote:

as expected - lots of crap results, takes pretty long to search, and the ammo has decent costs.

out of 3 results on alpha, i got two with npc spawn which i killed off with my combat alt. A T4 geoscanner is worth allot for the scanning accuracy and cycle time!

WHAT?

Did they forget to put the -::> I WIN <::- button in with the last patch yet again!!!???

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

well im loving what the patch has in it just sucks im not able to get into the game till next week... atleast not able to leave the terminal till then and i get off this pos system and back to my normal one. should be intersting i hope

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

im loving what the patch has in it

ditto .  game is getting better and better

Interesting Additions.
Very much like how modules now have the tier displayed on the icon.
Small change but goes a long way to making the industrial system more understandable.

Container wrote:

Interesting Additions.
Very much like how modules now have the tier displayed on the icon.
Small change but goes a long way to making the industrial system more understandable.

yes its very good.

yea its something that we had been calling the items t# and pt# for ages from the cbt as a way to refer to the modules and there standing in the production system, now that they are 'stamped' newer players can catch on more readily about the system, and a modules standing [general fitting/effciency] quickly

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

20 (edited by Alexander 2011-03-15 18:16:22)

I love the colours but I wish we could sort windows. I would love to sort by tier in a storage window. With separators between them.

The Game

I ended up making different containers, but it would be much better to be able to sort ... well, by anything acutally.