Topic: March Content Release

First, Thank you for the update and something to look forward to. Keeping the information flowing to the 'general' population is important, as it lets us know that there is something happening and the development is proceeding.

Here's the blog entry

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/

Geocaching...

With the implementation coming soon, I won't speculate too much on how it is going to play, but I can already see that getting to a cache under a NPC spawn is going to be a multi-person job; or being in an over powered bot able to tank all the damage and still get out with the loot.

New Islands...

Looks like there will be more access points to the beta Islands now! That should make getting on and off the Islands a little easier for raiders and encourage more visitors. It looks like the new Alpha Islands will be about the same size, but with only 1 terminal. That should make it interesting for docking up and storing/moving supplies around... Lithus seems like it now has a very strong role.

2 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-03-04 19:45:11)

Re: March Content Release

Oh awesome! This looks pretty cool.

I like how they made it available for the mac/os client. Nice!

I hope new beta islands will be main battleground for the beta alliances.

Well, the new Islands only have 2 outposts.

How having only 2 outposts will actually play out is going to be interesting.

The Old beta Islands now have 5 teleport locations, while the new Islands only have 4. In theory then, the new beta Islands will be easier to defend, but still more difficult than the now with only 3.

Having 6 more outposts though will have a solid impact on the game, especially with the currently reduced population. Assuming the existing alliances are already drooling over these yet to be released outposts, there will be a flurry of activity to become the first owner. Many of the current alliances have more corporations than they have outposts, so this seems like a fair assumption.

Logically, it would seem that each of the current alliances will 'attempt' to take the two outposts on their associated new beta. I would hazzard though, at this time, no alliance has enough active members to defend those new outposts; and with the 4 day intrusion schedule, its even possible and probable, to have 2 intrusions in the same day - but with crazy time frames.

In any case, there will be a new flurry of PVP.

Arga wrote:

Logically, it would seem that each of the current alliances will 'attempt' to take the two outposts on their associated new beta. I would hazzard though, at this time, no alliance has enough active members to defend those new outposts; and with the 4 day intrusion schedule, its even possible and probable, to have 2 intrusions in the same day - but with crazy time frames.

In any case, there will be a new flurry of PVP.

Exactly my thinking arga. They take them they'll have to spread even more, which will mean more time zones which wont be active. If they decide to hold them they'll have to defend two spots which will easily force them to go back and forth between islands.

We've seen what happens in eve when you spread yourselves thin wink.

More pirates, freelancing corps are going to come, that's going to create much more diversity.

Mara Kaid wrote:

More pirates, freelancing corps are going to come, that's going to create much more diversity.

I hope so.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

There probably won't be a big rush of players coming back for the Geocaching, but I do think when the new land gets closer to being released, we'll see inactive players coming back online.

If current alpha corps want a chance at that new land, they are going to have to start organizing and building up resources now; a lot of inactive players have lots of NIC, bots, and modules just waiting.

With just 2 outposts, it could allow for a strong 2 corp alliance to control an island, or even for just 1 large corp.

Mah.i.prefer the new beta island without owners.full pvp.

Mara, I hope you will claim one of the beta islands so I would be able to gank ya! yarr

10 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-03-04 23:10:57)

Kristan Delorian wrote:

Mara, I hope you will claim one of the beta islands so I would be able to gank ya! yarr

Ah, we may but we wont formally put a hold on the territory.
Constant intrusions make you go "blargh..."

The holding land thing burns you out quick unless you have a huge group.

I'm a big fan of not owning space ie stain/syndicate etc

ps You guys gank me all the time yarr , I die pretty often. It would be fun to be known as the guy who died the most times in the game! I know an awesome fleet commander that did that. He has a blast playing the game in the seven years...

I hope this allows more of the alpha corps to move to their own beta islands. Hopefully they can then use the better recources to make bots and modules for more pvp.

all the new outposts will do is push intrusion strategy more around a timezone until such time as people have an actual stake in the island.

I'll give you one possible plan with them:

You have three home stations and each of them has three intrusion timezones. Your alliance is at its strongest in one particular one so you effectively want six blocks per current island to dictate timezone. what that means is you will need either 18 outposts or a more effective way would be six successful intrusions. You basically just use these islands to find a friendly timezone intrusion that you can take to get a block for a *** timezone on your own island. You don't need or want to then defend it, its just something used.

If any alliance decides to switch to a two outpost island then it becomes all the easier. You limit yourself to 6 possible defense ops and 12 successful offensive intrusions in a month which is p easy to do and keep up. If you only do offensive ops vs stations your alliance already owns then you don't even have the enemy knowing where your gonna hit. You could have groups on four different islands hitting stations and without a very large scout network you wont get spotted.

The new roaming pvp would be searching intrusion times hoping to surprisesex others protection ops.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

With the new islands, DEVs should increase speed of all mechs by 10kph to cope with all the new travelling.
Not sure how aware DEVs are of how many new players quit Perpetuum because of the boredom of travelling from point to point.
It is on those tedious long trips from point to point that people question whether they should stick with the game.

14 (edited by Syndic 2011-03-09 10:23:48)

Ahahahaha! lol lol lol

Oh please increase speed of mechs, I look forward to T4 speed-mechs catching T1 fitted ewars. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

All bots not all mechs.
Everything should uniformly be faster.

still one day until the artifact scan/search system is implemented.

I cant wait to find my first mk2 robot CT.
Two question came to my mind when thinking about it:
- will those mk2 robots need to be built at alpha or beta island?
- CTs cannot be traded, so once you find it, your own corp has to build it to trade the Item. I see much potental there to offer alpha dwellers something valiable for beta dwellers.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear