Topic: Named items dropping from NPC's

I'm not sure if this is a bug, a changed feature or just some very bad luck on my part, but it seems that tiered items are no longer dropping off Supreme and Elite mobs in my neck of the woods. It used to be that I could shoot off 2k missiles and pick up 2-3 T2/T3 items off these guys, but in the last 500 kills or so I've not found a single one. I've just spoken to my corp mates and it seems that they've had the same experiance.

Have these item drops been nerfed on Beta?

2 (edited by Deliv Erance 2011-03-03 13:50:45)

Re: Named items dropping from NPC's

I got a few T2-4 named items last time i killed a supreme roaming spawn near my beta base (monday), so i'm not sure that drops have been nerfed (although they may have been since i havent done any concentrated farming of mobs recently)

Yes, we tried farming some real top star mechs on beta and for quite awhile nothing named dropped. The loot drops seem bad. Even for basic gear etc.

same here.. smile

kool!

all back to the standard mods smile)

now i wander why did i play this game for 6 months?!

5 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-03-03 21:11:22)

On beta, the game beta, I remember getting named loot from alpha mobs.. wink

Well now, I get them for free easy from dom kills!

Nothing has changed regarding loot drops (at least not intentionally).

7 (edited by Kristan Delorian 2011-03-03 22:53:23)

Mara, could you write all your posts without bragging "I go to beta and kill palyers, lulz"? You just look like 12 years old kid.

Back to topic. Yes, chances of drop of named modules at beta has been decreased. There is more chances of named drop on alpha.

I've been farming bots on alpha and the t2 drop rate is very very low. If its better than beta, you'd have to be farming for days to get a single drop.

We farmed 4 and 5 lvl bots on beta for hours and not a single named module dropped.

I go doing missions on 3 lvl bots on alpha and voila, t2 modules!

cool... now... devs move some epriton back to alpha and its all pace and quite.. XD

Yeah dev zoom, I can show you some wierd stuff.

You can farm the one heavy mech a seth outside of a place on a beta station, and get some nice loot drops. Now I got to a spawn full of 3rd star zeniths, and 3rd star seths. We got not much item stuff dropped. Even without name the stuff dropped wasn't usefull.

We tried a full 3rd star zenith/artemis spawn and it didn't drop gear either sad

Maybe we were on the wrong island.

Kristan Delorian wrote:

Mara, could you write all your posts without bragging "I go to beta and kill palyers, lulz"? You just look like 12 years old kid.

We go to beta and farm bronze sequer ENCLAVE player drivers, and silver DoY player drivers. They drop ok loot and don't need to be adjusted.

That sounds right, and straightforward, and not childish.

You might also want to fix the Enclave Bronze Termis spawn around Moyar. It seems they become terrain glitched and afk.

yarr

and what does this have to do with the topic?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

We are discussing the viability of pve vs pvp.

What gets dropped should have to be repaired as in 95% is broken, when a robot blows up, the bigger they are the more destruction to their equipment should happen. Unless we make it into WOW and all the GOOD stuff is dropped by Mega mech and industry is just a side job.

Inner Ring Excavations
Kciredor Nov --- Mining and Industry
Skao Nov --- PVP, when i get another account.

18 (edited by Kristan Delorian 2011-03-04 06:11:52)

Mara Kaid wrote:
Kristan Delorian wrote:

We go to beta and farm bronze sequer ENCLAVE player drivers, and silver DoY player drivers. They drop ok loot and don't need to be adjusted.

That sounds right, and straightforward, and not childish.

I kill 62n Observer bots, but still no t2-t4 loot! WTH, devs?

19 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-03-04 06:28:25)

Kristan Delorian wrote:

but still no t2-t4 loot! WTH, devs?

Now you see! You see how it works and you talk like a pirate!
This is the right attitude. You have learned.

Now you seperate from DoY, and become pirate.

Zoom - the drop rate is way down on what it used to be, something's not right.

I would agree 110%. Having farmed many hundreds of mobs on Doomhalarn:yarr: in my time, I definitely feel that the drop rate of named items has diminished since the first major patch (interference etc...).

At this time CIR commit to farming ops regularly and even with this increased volume of kills the negligible amount of tiered mods dropping continues to be apparent. Earlier in the year I would farm alone and encounter 2-3 named mods per hour.

"Rise like lions after slumber in unvanquishable number!
Shake your chains to earth, like dew
Which in sleep had fall'n on you:
Ye are many - they are few."

Ah, I thought we're talking about recently. Yes, there have been changes to loot drops around the mineral balance patches.

Yes, VERY low lvl drop any t2-4 for any NPC on beta/

Just to be clear: there is no mechanic that will make any difference in loot drops on alpha or beta. Drops always depend on the NPC type.

I know you want players to work hard for their success in this game, but right now taking things away and/or lowering reward is not helping.